Sign in to follow this  
Edition 1

SWG CORRADO G60 Twin Cone Induction Kit

Another top notch piece of work - anything else in the pipeline????

Working on a cold air feed for the Corrado engine bay at the moment (been delayed because of the scuttle panel GB) which will be similar to the one we do for the Mk2 Golf.

The pic below shows the Golf version, the Corrado set up will have a duct that will fit into the 90mm front spoiler on the driverside and then vent air into the engine bay via the carbon canister hole in the front chassis leg.

Cold-Air-Intake.jpg

In this pic you can just see the top part of the vent located where the carbon canister was fitted.

Cold-Air-Intake-1.jpg

Steve

fitted my scuttle today, looks the absolute dogs. amazed at how different the bay looks when you pop the bonnet. kind of frames the engine.

id buy that air intake duct in 2 secs if it fits the VR, which it sounds like it will?

its about time someone did one, good on you

Can that air intake pipe be positioned anywhere mate? My intake is on the wrong side.

Well the front spoiler duct will be symetrical but I'm not sure on getting the air pipe into the engine bay on that side, any thoughts ?

What about running STD {dual intake} air box with duction hole in the bottom? as I thought there were talks about not using cone filters due to tiny little particels coming off the inside of the cones and making thier jolly little way in to the charger - and eventually screwing it up {plus the fact the standard box look - looks factory finish/clean} could you get them in the place of the cones and heat shield?

What about running STD {dual intake} air box with duction hole in the bottom?

wouldnt have thought it would matter, only need to make a hole in the bottom of the airbox for the pipe to come through, lucky i read this, was just about to make my own ducting up!!

What about running STD {dual intake} air box with duction hole in the bottom? as I thought there were talks about not using cone filters due to tiny little particels coming off the inside of the cones and making thier jolly little way in to the charger - and eventually screwing it up {plus the fact the standard box look - looks factory finish/clean} could you get them in the place of the cones and heat shield?

Like this ?

TWIN-INLET--medium-web-2.jpg

TWIN-INLET-medium-web-1.jpg

TWIN-INLET-medium-web-3.jpg

The filters used in the twin cone set up are genuine K&N items in a specific size which were inported from the States, these are manufactured from the same material as the K&N panel filter upgrade that most of you guys tend to run, so filtration is not an issue. The issue you refer to happens with FOAM filters not cotton gauze filters like the ones used here.

The twin Inlet set up is available in two styles the first being an O.E style air box design (seen above) for people who want to keep the engine bay looking relatively standard and the second option is our twin cone design kit which looks a little more purposeful !

Both designs will give 6-7 bhp (prob more with mods) over the standard G60 induction set up (tested on my ed1 G60, ) with a similar gain in torque, throttle response throughout the rev range is also improved. 8)

I would have thought a potential problem with using the twin-inlet airbox set-up with just an induction hole in the bottom would have been turbulence issues inside the airbox, wheras using a twin unduction cone set-up and cold air feed would avoid this issue ?

Or I am talking outta my ar5e ??

I would have thought a potential problem with using the twin-inlet airbox set-up with just an induction hole in the bottom would have been turbulence issues inside the airbox, wheras using a twin unduction cone set-up and cold air feed would avoid this issue ?

Or I am talking outta my ar5e ??

This is not an issue, we have experieced no turbulence issues with this set up, the air box lid we supply has a much larger capacity compared with the std lid to compensate for the second outlet.

Lotus also used a twin feed air box design on the Lotus Carlton when in production.

lotus-carlton.jpg