Sign in to follow this  
johanson12

G60 chips

Hi am new on here just bought a g60 c, in the process of havin the charger serviced an p&p. Just wonderine which is the best chip to go for as its got a 68mm pulley an a few other mods

cheers mark

sns all the way, they have the "no digi lag" code that no other chip has which gives greatly improved response

ill second that, sns chip is great. many ppl have even changed over from their installed jabba chip to sns for their no lag coding!

ill second that, sns chip is great. many ppl have even changed over from their installed jabba chip to sns for their no lag coding!

and less overfueling which seems to be a common complaint about jabba chips.

and less overfueling which seems to be a common complaint about jabba chips.

can defo agree with the overfuelling lol!

"no digi lag" code that no other chip has

Bold statement that, as I know at least one other chip maker that has overcome the Digifant lag issue :-)

But would agree with the others to avoid Jabba. Jabba seem to have moved on to turboing everything.

Tempest

I had a Jabba chip on my last G60, I couldn't believe the difference in power delivery and fuel consumption when I changed to an SNS. The Jabba chip had a couple of flat spots aswell, i'd certainly recomend SNS.

If your charger is with G-werks at the moment, give them a call, i'm sure they'll sort you out.

I had a Jabba chip on my last G60, I couldn't believe the difference in power delivery and fuel consumption when I changed to an SNS. The Jabba chip had a couple of flat spots aswell, i'd certainly recomend SNS.

If your charger is with G-werks at the moment, give them a call, i'm sure they'll sort you out.

Ditto. My Jabba chip was awful, massive over-fuelling. The SNS chip was so much better and throttle response was noticeable improved. I’d stay clear of Jabba for anything G60 related, their “stage 4” port of my charger was very average and the exhaust end bearing in the charger was the original VAG item until I had JMR open up the charger as a precaution at well over 100K miles!

Hi am new on here just bought a g60 c, in the process of havin the charger serviced an p&p. Just wonderine which is the best chip to go for as its got a 68mm pulley an a few other mods

cheers mark

You sure it isn't already chipped? with a 68mm pulley i would have thought it would be, they go hand in hand.

But defo agreed sns is they way to go, gunna upgrade to that myself soon :)

with a 68mm pulley i would have thought it would be, they go hand in hand

EDIT: I'd agree with that, infact would not having a chip with just a pulley just feck you engine up?

You sure it isn't already chipped? with a 68mm pulley i would have thought it would be, they go hand in hand.

well i've just had the ecu checked an it has been chipped, but still think am gonna go for an sns chip.

i removed an AMD chip from mine and added the sns and it was a big improvement

The reason for this would of been that the AMD map would of been custom written for the car. You could bever expect a second hand chip working to its full capabilities on a car that the chip was not origailly intended for.(Unless you are very lucky ad the characteristics of the motors are idetical).

Somtimes trying to save a few ££ here and there can be false econmey when buyig second hand, Espically when buying Eproms.