Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

Classic cars magazine feature

Hello folks!

Well just in case anyone is interested the feature i was talking about last month.

Its due to go out on the first of december so keep an eye out for it.

Just hope they do the corrado the justice that it deserves. :?

Kip.

Has anyone seen this magazine yet? I had a butchers in the newsagents today but couldn't find it.

...just been emailed by a mate (whos' a 944 driver, so we're eager to compare notes) to say he bought the mag today in WHSmith.

as a matter of interest/public service to the Forum, his report on the article was:

'it’s not an S2 like my car they are featuring but the earlier 16V S- rated as the worst 944 sold (by 911 & Porsche World) as with most other manufactures Porsche didn’t get 16v technology right straight away so the 2.7 8v was cheaper and better/quicker to drive. I flicked to the conclusion and they seem to conclude that the VR6 is better but that they’d rather drive the Porker as it’s more involving. Seems fair enough, yours has too be cheaper to run and easier to get parts for too.'

...seems like he was expecting them to suggest you buy a 944 over a VR... silly fella :-P

Yep it is out.

I got hold of a copy at 8 a.m. Friday morning. Kip had to wait till after work. You might have problems getting hold of a copy north of Sheffield ;)

The photos used favoured the Porsche by being front of shot but the write up was fair enough.

Well did manage to get a couple of copies but was pretty hard to find and just been to smiths at meadow hell to see if they had any which they only had one copy so either its not a very poular mag or a coach load of corrado nutters have bought all the stock!

So maybe worth ordering a copy if you really want one!

I have to say that i'm rather pleased with what they have to say about the c without being biassed of course :D

Kip.

Oh just for the record theres also a forum for peoples comments on the classiccars website. although there isnt anything on about it yet.

Kip.

A friend of mine popped round last night and he was armed with the mag in question.

He said youve got to see this, there is s lovely Corrado in here and i was like yes there is.

Still looks better in the metal, i cant think of a tidier 100% original Corrado than yours Paul.

Bet your well pleased.

Will hope Tesco have the mag when I pop over there later for me lunch! :)

got mine from the local newsagent........the CVR has now appeared in the price guide at the back of the mag for the first time after being featured too :wink:

pity the article didn't go too much into depth about both cars tho,still nice to see all the same

Well cheers for the nice comments again guys!

And pretty pleased with the article too! hope you manage to get hold of a copy jim :wink: