Sign in to follow this  
fazgti

VR6 or G60

Just sold my bm sport and im after a vr6 or g6o raddo, never been in either so what are they like i spose, want to be able to see the other side of 200bhp if i can aswell, cheers faz

They are very individual cars and I love my G60 and thats pushed to the figures you see in my Sig.

But as Walesy said you need to drive both and make your mind up as to which you prefer as they are a world apart to drive.

We need to pin a discussion with the pro's and con's of each. But yeah.. drive each and see what you think.

I've owned a G60 and driven lots of VR's.. and I like the VR more to be honest. I like the soundtrack from the VR6 engine and I like the later style interior which no G60's had...

and I like the VR more to be honest. I

Heretic :lol:

In addition to which one of the 2 you like to drive, it may also be worth your while to analyse how easy you find each to potentially do any work on yourself. With Corrados generally getting older, you may find that you'll have to do more and more work on them yourself, as garages who still know how to repair and generally do things to our cars get fewer and fewer (and hence also more and more expensive).

The latter point largely swayed the decision to a G60 in my case. The learning curve was still very steep compared to the simple yet effective and fun to drive and work on 8V GTI engines in my Roccos.

Tempest

Tempest

G60 ummm you'll love the noise of the charger and as tempest said defo easier to work on!

then again youll love the exhaust note from the vr

in my little experience on the forum i have noticed that for the price for a good g60 with a little tweaking and gaining 200-210bhp will cost rougly the same as buying a standard vr and putting a zorst on it!

a good standard g60 3k + chip pulley and a few other bits of your choice

a good standard vr £4k

quite equal really for power and price if you spend 4k just go for what you prefer mate!

Right cheers for that people but i dont think im any closer to making a decision but ill take a look at both motors and try and decide....watch this space