Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

G60 misfiring under 2k? 24/10 she's FIXED with new VIDEO

hi all its not been a good month for me and is still getting worse! ive had 2 speeding fines a parking ticket and my car is doing my head im in a real fu*k it mood at mo! here goes anyway!

i just looked on search and wiki and found a few bits but dont think this is the exact problem i've got.

basically i thought i had running problems as she was was being very intimitent the other week this was all down to an ignition switch so this has been cleared up!

so now all sorted i start her up and she running rough the idle is flustering and.

so had a fiddle isv is defo working blue temp sender defo working.

she is misfiring and jumping on light throttle under 2k then after this she goes like normal

so basically the idle is lumpy and she is misfiring under 2k

had a look at ht leads it run a bit better when i fiddled with lead 1!

coil and dizzy seem to be fine flusted seems to think from what ive told him that the leads are breaking down.

has anyone got any advice

thanks Andy

I'd try a new set of leads. If you want to check your old ones, start her up at night and spray a bit of water from a plant sprayer over them, that should help show if there is any arcing from them.

Sorry to hear about the bad month. You got 6 points then? Cameras or coppers with radar guns?

coppers with radar guns yeah 6points really had a sh-t month!

5 years driving in april with nothing then all this in 3 weeks! good hey!

cheers toad so is that to see if the spark is jumping before it gets there i can here a clicking sort of noise as if the spark isnt getting there would that prob be it its making the same noise as when you pull the lead of and can hear it against the block!

That's a mare mate! not even a detector coulda (legally) helped you out there. I picked up my first points after about 7 years of driving.

I think Flusteds right if you can hear an audible clicking, you might not even need any water spraying on it if it's that bad. you might find little arc trails accross the leads too. The spark is always gonna take to path of least resitance, which is probably through the side of the lead or cap if the insulation is failing. make sure you check the lead from the coil too.

Good luck!!

Ps you still all over the G Werks open day?

if cars ok then g-werks will be on the cards ive got to get my car over there soon i want to give her a good service and get the exhaust sorted! get darren to give it a general look over then its start modding again!

back to topic: toad do you think it could be anything else!

I'd eliminate the leads first. If the ticking continues I'd try to find the source of that, could be an air leak?

Could be a crack in the distributor cap, try looking at that, and check for any arc trails, clean it out and spray a bit of wd 40 into it, that should reduce the arcing that could occur in/outside of it. Clean the Dizzy up too, both inside and out.

My sisters astra had issues with missing at idle but didn't miss so much higher up the rev range, it turned out to be a dodgy coilpack, so maybe look at the coil too, then the hall sender.

inspected the dizzy mate and had a good luck at it then wd 40 other week when i thought the leads or something was playing up!

gonna get some magnecor kv85's when get paid at the end of the month found them for a good price

would anyone recommend magnecor or splitfire?

i will try this toad and then update!

The lead from GSF are recommended by some of the guys here. Think they are called Beru. I got bosch plugs, leads, cap and arm for under 100 euro and the car runs sweet as. It did have a bit of a stuttering problem when you backed off the throttle and back on but its fine now.

check the throttle body isnt leaking mate i know i did it but you never know! spray some water around it see if it get blown around (fine mist) i will still sort you out another tb as i couldnt finish yours properly mate.

no update im afraid mate she's still doing it and i will try putting some water over my throttle body like bill says later! but other than that mate just waiting for being paid next week then will order some new leads up matey and poss some W5DPO Bosch spark plugs as there supposed to be better for slightly modified G's. thenif shes not ok after thgat i havent got a clue

Cheers thou mate this is why i love this forum thanks for your concern!

Andy

Best of luck getting her running properly again Andy, bound to be the last thing you try!! must be so frustrating having put her all together, have her run well when you came over then do this.

It'll be worth it once youve finally got your charger run in and give it some stick!

You planing on going up to stealth RR day in a few weeks mate?

hi all heres the video to show rough running

i just sent it to daz from g-werks and he confirmed thats its either the leads which i will be replacing the injector loom or cant remeber the other thing here you go anyway

need to put one of good running as soon as so you can hear how good it is really!

i Would be very suprised if that wasnt leads to be honest andy!!

Just change them for some of the gsf beru leads... they are good enough and if its not the leasds at least you wont have wasted £69 on magnecors...

hi all update really happy put aide (flusteds) lead and dizzy on tonight.

and its sorted the misfire i took it for ten minute drive seems to be so much better!

heres a video of it running with aide's leads on

thanks for everyones help the whole way thru this great forum!

cheers andy