Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Porsche Track Day, Was Most cool.

Gonna need a beer or two to get any sleep tonight!

Sorry if it is a bit of a "me me me Aint I lucky" type of post but I just have to share it.

Ive been with Porsche 3 months now and they are taking me on a business partner track day tomorrow.

We get to drive all the current range and get to really test things out. and best of all. Its going to rain all day :D :D :D :D

SIDEWAYS ACTION!

If its the National Circuit you'll have great fun, easy to learn and really wide so plenty of chances to have fun in perfect safety

Pretty cool day.

The off road and Rally course in the Cayenne was astonishing, serious hills and terain followed by a spot of enthusiastic driving round the rally course with an instructor. I never imagined the chealsea tractor could do quite so well.

The dynamics course was a bit of slalom followed by quick turns with and without the PASM (Porsche Active Stability Management). The Cayman is a prety special monster and the Boxster S is a go Kart. they handled amazingly in the wet although I am not the hero I imagined I would be when trying to control a powerslide without electricals to help me.

The icing on the cake though was the chance to test drive a fair chunk of the range round the short track, the instructor showed us the racing line and then showed off a bit. then I drove a Carerra 2 and 4S then a Cayman S and a Boxster S,

I was astounded how well the little ones handled considering it was a washout with standing water everywhere. but the 997 C4S was amazing. ploughing through puddles and around corners at 80+. It was just a balls out hoot, and stomped all over anything I have ever driven before.

I dont think even if I owned one I would ever totally master it, the thing just seemed alive as opposed to the Boxster which was efficient but easy to drive. The electrics were doing their best and we were mostly going in a straight line but you just had that feeling that the car had a soul and at any time it could deliver a big F You, and show you who was the boss.

In short, Fcukin Aye, Im going to get me one one day! :D 8) :D

saysomestuff - always jobs going! (maybe even mine if I get through my interviews although I feel like I'm tempting fate by writing this...!)

zippy - I take it you didn't win the GT raffle then? Glad you had a gd day. I did when I went last year - best day at work I've ever had!

saysomestuff - always jobs going! (maybe even mine if I get through my interviews although I feel like I'm tempting fate by writing this...!)

zippy - I take it you didn't win the GT raffle then? Glad you had a gd day. I did when I went last year - best day at work I've ever had!

Cheers mate, Was a hoot. Sadly there was no GT :cry: , but my instructor saw the boy racer in me and when he was driving managed to powerslide the Blue C4S sideways whilst overtaking someone out of a corner onto the main straight. (which sort of makes up for it :D ) Those guys really know how to drive. :notworthy:

Surrounded by nice cars all day, and then they finally let you drive them... what a crap job you have...

jealousy....

:)

Nice one Zipp, good on you. Sounds like you had a proper play too. I'd be scared to stuff it in that weather (or the dry for that matter). Glad the rain didnt spoil it for you.