Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

SMOKE!!!

so..this morning i wake up, get in my car and head off to uni..(late as always) i overtake someone and as i get to about 5,000 rpm in second gear and change into third a shit load of smoke pours out the exhaust and is left in a cloud behind me..after that the car seems fine, i put my foot down again and more smoke!! not good!! any ideas what could be up?

both fine..actually come to think about it i dont know about the oil temp..but the water temp was fine, slap bang in the middle?? im worried!

no need for that..im perfectly capable of doing my own washing thank you!! haha! :p

smoke was white!!! going into the garage on wednesday to have it looked at, im guessing if its oil as u suggested i wont be able to do anyhting myself??

Samw happened to me last year, flooring it over taking and a cloud of white smoke blow out the back.... head gasket mate !

Yeah, i agree. Certainly looks like a HG fail, but still worth checking your fluids. indications show that coolant level should be low.

What type of Corrado do you own buddy?

When my G60 spat the seal in the charger, it would churn out white/grey smoke under load. The best way to check is to remove the outlet hose from the blower and look for excess oil in the pipe/blower.

This is what mine looked like!

thanks..ill have a look, if not it sounds like its the head gasket..in the garage at the moment..will let u know what the diagnosis is...fingers crossed..(dont know what for.. but...)

thanks..ill have a look, if not it sounds like its the head gasket..in the garage at the moment..will let u know what the diagnosis is...fingers crossed..(dont know what for.. but...)