Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Help with Headlights

Since I've connected my Uprated headlight loom up I've noticed my Passenger side, Side light doesn't come on....

Now to begin with I presumed the bulb had blown, so I reaplced it and still no Joy.. :brickwall:

Now i'm sure it was working before the Uprated loom was attached.... Any ideas????

I hate it when things aren't working properly :scratch:

Sounds like a loose connection on the loom - re-seat all the connectors on the loom to make sure it's all plugged in ok.

I had the same problem when I first fitted my old loom and it was because one of the spades hadn't gripped the pin properly.

CorradoVR6-n.o.s,

Yeh the rear is fine...

dinkus,

I'll have a butchers tomorrow... Just realised too, its the passenger side (Doh)

just a thought, did you disconnect the dim-dip coil on the passenger side wing? yellow & yellow/black wires?

this may be the cause or i may be totally wrong!!! :oops:

just a thought, did you disconnect the dim-dip coil on the passenger side wing? yellow & yellow/black wires?

this may be the cause or i may be totally wrong!!! :oops:

Ahhh...

I didn't to begin with and wondered why on first click of the switch my main dip lights would come on...

So yes I've unplugged that one..... But still scratching my head why my drivers side side light isn't coming on....

Cheers though

Ok.... had alittle bit of a fiddle today, and I am still left scratching my head!!! :scratch:

All the spades are sat tightly in position, there are 3 in total that plug into the main loom!!!

I messed about with changing the order of spades and at one piont the drivers side, side light that wasn't working was lit :cheers: , but then the passenger side one was off :scratch: but both lights work on main beam.... :scratch:

I just can't seem to get both side lights working :(

What connection do you have from the existing loom to the side lights? does it run through a relay, or is it hard wired from one to the other?

I plan to run wires from the sidelights to the existing loom when I attach mine, for the simplest way out.