Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

vr6 vortex supercharger on a g60 engine.??

would it work.?

i've been looking at some. now i know the vr6 superchargers only run 10psi ish. would the pressure back up and produce more like 15psi on the 4 pot engines.???

well yes i suppose.

but..

if it i works...

its a fact the g60 unit is too small for a vr6

well lets say i've got a vortex super charger DESIGNED for a 4.6 mustang to produce 10 psi. on a 8 pot. what should that produce on a 1.8 4 pot.

hopefully 20psi.???

any thoughts.

a VF9 will run up to 20 psi on a VR6 (in theory), and a few of the american guys are getting very close to that in golfs. Problem being the toothed drive eliminating belt slip. Available for the golf but not the C due to clearance issues on the crankshaft pulley (needs to be wider for the toothed jobbie).

I reckon its too bigger lump to run off a 1.8 4pot. Anythings possible, but i dont reckon it would drive well.

Its very linier on the VR, no big lump of low down torque like you get with a sorted 60, just builds and builds and builds and starts to get mad over 4-5k.

I presume thats probably more to do with the VR's inherant lack of low down grunt though than the charger.

Yes you can fit one on custom brackets ect and get it remapped to suit,its a very linier charger and it only starts boosting high up in the rev range unlike the G60 unit.

You going to give it a go?

yeah. not only that. he had 3 kit. all different. so i've already said to him. i not paying untill i see feedback from the other 2 buyers. and if he gets a paypal account sorted.

all the replies he has sent to me seem really wird. spelling all over the place, language all over...

I Agree, be careful.

New seller selling a £300 product as a first sale, before buying anything sounds a bit dodgy. Is that a pic of the actual item, or one thats been pulled from the net.

If you are gonna pay, take advantage of Paypal's buyer protection. Or get someone you know to collect it. As a bluff, tell the seller that you are sending a cheque, and get an address, and then pay using PP.

Also if you can, get a phone no, and have a chat.

Play with caution mate,it could be library picture and to top that that's very cheap,most sellers would put some sort of reserve on and try to sell the kit better than he has.

I would do what you said and wait for feedback from the two others.

Edit...bugger thetino, beat me :lol:

Yeah - sound the bells - that sounds like seriously bad news.

Dont pay him anything.

Is he based in the UK? Offer cash on collection..

he is based in cornwall. the auction was for 5 days. the other kits went for 500-800. i was well suprised this only went for 310.

i have asked for photos of the actual kit.

I've been burned by this, be very very careful. Infact i would forget the whole thing completely from what you;ve said already.

Go on the VW vortex forum, lots of chargers cheap on there, and buy off someone thats done a lot of posts. They seem a friendly bunch, and you can normal pm someone else to clarify someones genuine anyway.

USA again, so the saving is still there, but also remember the import duties.

All me fake emails were from some woman called Claudia Shoeling, if shes sending you emails it is a scam! As double6 will also tell you. She probably a nigerian man actually :-(

Sorry didnt realise it was uk. Get down there and have a look then!

Or get Trigg to have a squiz or someone else down there, and lob-em a few beers ;-)

Errr...... Hello!

Walk away. Walk away. Walk away.

He's selling a 5000 dollar mustang charger kit for 300 quid?

Hmmm..... If you're interested I know an excellent german seller who does great deals on 24v engines ;)

check out this reply

Hi there

like you sow there it is a guarantee that i won`t mess with you.if i play jocks with you ,you can alwasy take your money back and put me into jail.I don`t want that i have 2 kids a lovly wife,i don`t want to spend my time in jail for your money.

With all respect

Joseph Chandler

Man that is sooooo obviously a fake account dude!!!

You can always take your money back and put me in jail? Doesn't sound very uk to me....

His address for what though? If its for collection then go down and pay cash on collection. There's no problem then (as long as you go tooled-up)

V9 would work quite well on the G60. It's not really enough for the VR6 imo, the V1 is better for that engine, but on a 60, it should do well. Or a turbo would be better and cheaper....imo.