Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Need some quick advice on a Golf MK2 for my sister!!

Hi everyone,

My sister writ off her ford ka the other week and is now after a cheap but reliable good car. She is looking at golf Mk2's nt a GTI or anything fancy as she cant afford the insurance. She has found one she likes on ebay which is ending soon and wants to know if she should bid on it and how much she should bid to as it seems quite a good one and being a corrado man im sure i will get it looking good :lol:

THIS is the one she is looking at so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

Looks good - nasty dent in the front off side arch but otherwise clean... I'd prob hold out for a driver thought tbh

Theres a minter on Ed38, small engine,1300cc, 3k odd miles :shock: guys looking for offers around £1000

Thanks for the quick help guys. She has looked at drivers but apparently they are more on insurance for her so she cant really afford them. She had her heart set on this one, it looks in good nick to me especially the interior looks mint. It has MOT until end of April as well as Tax. She wants to bid on it so i will bid up to around £400 maybe a tad more and if it goes much higher i will leave it and move on.

And she doesnt want a MK3 she wants to go old school (good girl :lol:) she would ideally like a MK1 but a MK2 would be a better daily driver or her.

I will let you all know if she wins it. Thanks again for the help.

Rob.

Blimey i bid on the car and was highest bidder at £370 until just 36 secs before the end and suddenly it shot up to £620 which is too mugh. Does anyone else know of some good ones going or seen any on ebay that look good?

Cheers,

Rob.

Yeah i saw that one, its a bloody minter. I have put it in her watched items list so hopefully she can stretch to it :D What a drive we will have a blackberry corrado vr6 and a mk1 golf :lol:

Rob.

hi,

Have owned 4 mk 2 golfs and currently own a mk2 gti as my run around. To be honest I would be looking at a post 1990 car ideally the driver model. (fuel economy wise driver should average high 30s)

I would ring a couple of insurance companies to get a rough idea on cost?

I wouldnt bother with the 1.3 they are very underpowered.

Things to look for include

Check for rear sticker in boot on back panel, not there, then could have been in accident

Usual checks, smoke on start up, mayonaiise on filler cap. etc...

Will have look to see if there is anything

happy hunting

mark

Need some quick advice on a Golf MK2 for my sister!!

sounds like a fair swap to me, unless you're close in which case I'd hold out for a GTI :)

on a serious note, I walk past this garage most mornings and this mk2looks very tidy. Some chrome bumpers, different wheels and a spot of lowering would see her with a very tasty retro mk2.

:lol: nah i'd want to swap her for more than a GTI lol. Anyway on a serious note that Mk2 does look a beauty but its the measly 1.3 which as markievw says are underpowered and my sis does like a bit of power.

And thank for your help markievw i will mention that to her.

Rob.

Rob

Try your local papers for real cheapo cars, being sold by people who havnt time or knowledge to sell a car. I sold my Mk2 CL for £300, with about 110k miles.

Theres an old 1.3 Golf HERE CLICK possibly worth a look.

- A Mk3 GOLF.

You're just going to have to go and look at a few dogs at that price and find the least worst one. And also at this price, they just want more than £100 to take it off their drive.

Check for the usual stuff, blue smoke and all that. Sills will usually be going. Check it on a cold start; auto choke.

IMO, she's better off buying a nippy 1.4 Polo and spending more on the car and less on tax/ins

Cheers mate, yeah the polo would be a good idea really i will see what she says. She has a budget of £700 for the car so should get a reasonably decent one for that price. I pretty much know what i am looking for when checking the cars, i wouldnt of bought a vr if i didnt :lol:

I am going to have a look with her tonight and poss go see some at weekend so hopefully we find a decent one soon enough as she is without transport at the mo and needs to get to uni!

Rob.

hi

There is a nice car on ebay, a mk2 golf driver with 60000 miles on a J plate. Only got 8 hrs left

On my doorstep can have a look if you like.

mark

hi

Have seen a mk2 driver on ebay with 62000 miles on J plate. Currently at £300. Car is not far from me if you want me to have a look.

mark

hi

How far are you prepared to travel? nice mk2 driver only 62000 miles on j plate on ebay. Can have a look if you like as it is not far from me

mark