Sign in to follow this  
samg60

metal replacement for plastic water pump

just been reading the latest copy of the golf + and there is a seat ibiza with a 20vt it has had a metal wheel in replacement of the plastic original item on the water pump, anyone know where I can purchase these.

Haven't the plastic impellers been superceeded with the metal versions, since there were lots of cases of them shearing off?? A call to the dealers or someone else might confirm tho'

I was advised to do this on my wifes lupo by vince from stealth whilst i was having the cam belt done. I got mine from german and sweedish

cheers lads, assumed is it was a aftermarket as it was lisetd in the spec list and also people are always goijng on about it beinga weak point of 20v engines, cool as long as I know its a genuine VAg I will order a replacement when I do the Cam belt in 6 months

Plastic is a stupid idea when it comes to coolant components. It's tight arse manufacturers trying to save money (for them, but not us).

The problem with those is the edges of the blades wear down quickly, reducing the flow and many engines take a temp reading for the dash from a plastic stat housing, so the guage won't show any different, but the reduced flow could be causing localised over heating at the back of the block. Cr@p design. Replace it with a metal one ASAP!

it was only £30 for the lupo so i thought I may as well do it while the cam belt was being done, how much are they for a VR6, and does anyone know weather the 1.8 16v engine uses plastic or metal impeller