Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

New Car Time - My hand has been forced Alfa here I come!!!!!

Which car?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which car?

Oh god don't get another saab!

Contrary to what some have said, they are still old man's cars to be fair. Sound like you want an old fogie's cruiser boat though, so I reckon you've made the right choice.

Enjoy it.

Well Decision is made.

I'm going with the Saab

Good choice!

My missus had problems insuring her 9-3 1.8t Hirsch'd Cab'. Went with Chris Knott in the end as all other insurers treated it as modified, even though it's Saab approved and fitted!

Enjoy the "night panel" switch and the speedo' where the speed graduations go from wide to close spacing for inscreasing speed. Just neat touches :-)

Blue_Joe

You made the right choice man, congrats, and enjoy it when it gets delivered, I know I do when I get to drive them at work !

Contrary to what some have said, they are still old man's cars to be fair. Sound like you want an old fogie's cruiser boat though, so I reckon you've made the right choice.

Enjoy it.

double-6s, you really do like winding people up don't you........

ust in case you do ever need to get in touch with Saab customer service....the call is taken by exactly the same people who take the calls for Vauxhalls at Luton......well until there are jobs are outsourced abroad later next year :lol:

Just in case you do ever need to get in touch with Saab customer service....the call is taken by exactly the same people who take the calls for Vauxhalls at Luton......well until there are jobs are outsourced abroad later next year :lol:

It's not just call centres that get off-shored, it's High Tech jobs as well now :-(

Tell me about it :( thats why have been sat at home for 3 months...well at least I get to do some work on my Rado :lol:

Blue_Joe

You made the right choice man, congrats, and enjoy it when it gets delivered, I know I do when I get to drive them at work !

Enjoy it.

double-6s, you really do like winding people up don't you........

Yep

Saab all the way, Alfa's build quality alone puts me off, I've yet to sit in an alfa that doesnt feel cheap. The Saab 9-3 is so refined in the cockpit. Even the Key is refined!! Plus Saabs are real street sleepers. they dont look it...but they move very well

Well it seems my hand has been forced and I'm changing to the Alfa.

I signed off all the proposal forms for Saab and was shocked to hear that they refused me the finance telling me they saw adverse information on my credit history. So I went to Experian and Equifax and bought my credit reports from both. Experian was giving me a credit score of 959 out of 1000 which is pretty damn good. Equifax was showing me at 458 out of 475. The only thing out of the ordinary was that I have lived here for 7 years but didn't put myself on the electoral role till 3 years ago as I just kept forgetting! So they must have turned me down on that and wouldn't even talk to me about it!

So I applied for finance on the Alfa and went straight through and got accepted! Black Alfa with Red leather it seems here I come.

There is an outside finance company that Saab put me in touch with that is working on getting me the finance but I have a feeling that they will be more expensive and TBH i would mush rather have the finance with the manufacturer!

Sam, there is no advantage in having Saab Finance, its from GMAC anyway (General Motors Acceptance Corporation), there are literally hundreds of independent contract hire companies that would match and probably beat finance figures from Saab

Sam, there is no advantage in having Saab Finance, its from GMAC anyway (General Motors Acceptance Corporation), there are literally hundreds of independent contract hire companies that would match and probably beat finance figures from Saab

Appreciate that but the few other independant contract hire companies said that when it comes to Saab models they use Saab Finance for all their deals as they subsidise the car to make the rentals very cheap, hence why no-one could get near there quotes!

mattsomondo - i did go to my local Audi garage to have a look at an A4 and get an idea of rates. An A4 with exactly the same spec as the Saab and the same RRP came in at £686 per month - a whole £230 more expensive!!!! So i didn't take it any further!!!!