Sign in to follow this  
dom

front end lights

does any one know if the lights on the earlier c were diffrent to the later c just disscoverd my c as had a bit of cosmetic up the front end the lights dont fit very snug againt the wings profile there is a gap were i can run my finger down :x

Sounds like you have early lights on a late car!

Basiclly the early units are smaller in the glass and surrounds but the main part of the headlight is the same... all you'll need to do is buy new glass and surrounds for the late type and you'll have it spot on again!

my corrado is an 90 or a 91 the guy i got the car off just made out he did not no anything about the car so no help there so are wings the same on the ealier models as the later ones ??dont know what parts have been put on when it was repaired guessing it as been in an accident

A 90 or 91 C should have early wings, slam pannel, bonnet etc so your lights should fit fine :?

Maybe they're late lights then? ~ I have a pair of early's for sale if that's of any interest...

Get some pics up - will help identify the problem...

going to get a camera to put pics up when car was in garage at weekend asked mechanic about it he seemed to think the slam panel was off a rabbit model ?? appreciate helping me solve the problem how do you get pictures on ??? :notworthy:

If they're less than 1280 pixels wide then you can upload with the add attachments button when you post using the ''post reply'' button. Otherwise you can host them on an image hosting site and post the link using  at the begining and at the end 8)

PM me if you have probs and I'll resize/get them up for you :D

okay thanks again got to go to a friends to get camera back as soon as get it i will post pics :thumb right:

Yeah, my thinking is that a previous owner has fitted late wings and slam pannel - hence the early lights looking too small...

What sort of condition is the chrome in on those lights? Your left hand one looks quite dull to me and could be a potential problem come MOT time - not to mention for night time driving... as I said before I do have a pair of lihgts in good condition but you'd still need to source late surrounds and lenses to get a good fit :?

sure there isnt something more sinister going on there ?? i had late bodywork and early lights in mine, up until a week or two ago and were never that bad fitting.....

not sure whats going on with the front end the guy i got the car of was very unhelpfull says he does not no any thing about the car took it as a px against is old one i am guessing it as been in a accident at some time no signs of major damage so just trying to fsolve a mystary with a little help :wink:

that is a bit of a gap,are the late lenses an surrounds that much diff?

dom,have u got any pics of the front end we the bonnet down?an where abouts in donny are ya?