Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

How bad is putting the wrong sprocket on a VR engine?

I didnt do this but I am looking at buying one that has this done.

It is changed for the correct item now and is apparently fine. Is there something I should be looking at that coudl have been damaged by this.

The car has done about 110, 000 miles. I guess a chains/tensioners will need doing soon.

Why would people change the valve stem oil seals as well? Is this a sign the car has had somewhat of a problem past?

Thanks

I would think the valve stem seals having been done already at 110k just means its been ragged a bit. I don't think its particularly uncommon mate.

How can you put the wrong sprocket on? It just sounds like someone has tried one from a Mercedes or something daft.

There's simplex and duplex cam sprockets. using either type isn't 'wrong'.

Strange thread, LOL!

How can you put the wrong sprocket on? It just sounds like someone has tried one from a Mercedes or something daft.

There's simplex and duplex cam sprockets. using either type isn't 'wrong'.

Strange thread, LOL!

I thought it was strange as well. But this is what they guy told me. I only spoken to him once and havent seen the car next. Just wondered if it was worth the trek to go and see it!

Are you sure it's even going to turn out to be a corrado??? :D

I'd be very wary of it unless you get a proper story out of him.... Unless it's advertised for £5 or something.

Are you sure it's even going to turn out to be a corrado??? :D

I'd be very wary of it unless you get a proper story out of him.... Unless it's advertised for £5 or something.

yeah I know its a corrado :-P

He seems pretty geniune, it was the people before that seem to have put the wrong sprocket in. Although to do that seems a strange thing to do. I am sure the car has more history to it. I am not sure what to do :roll:

I am just not up on the vr6 engine, if it was a g60 I would be fine!

I reckon he just uses late parts on the chains etc..... but it sounds fishy. Anyone that does this work should be confident and know exactly what was done! I reckon look at another one!

I reckon he just uses late parts on the chains etc..... but it sounds fishy. Anyone that does this work should be confident and know exactly what was done! I reckon look at another one!

Yeah that is what my head is telling me. Shame cause it looked like a nice car (from the outside)

My search will continue...