CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

I don't know what a CrazyController is but I want one :lol:

It will make you end up in Swingers World with more drugs than in a pfizer warehouse!!111!!11

ill be up for a 9/11" please dave

No problem. I must ring Kev and find out how he's getting on with the first 9/11 bracket. Although I've had some more ideas and changed the design a little from the original one. It'll fit non standard radiators now :)

Hi Dave....loving these brackets and i need to increase the cooling on my vr,would you be able to make me twin 11" brackets?

Hey James! Have you ever tried two 11" side by side on a rad? Not sure if they'll fit. I'll have a trial with the CAD tomorrow and see if it'll fit :)

There is room for two 11" fans with a gap in the middle,well on mine it is :lol: and i dont have any inlet manifold clearance problems as my manifold sits close..ish to the head, would be cool if you can see if the brackets work on cad.

would it be possible/really expensive to make a one off bracket for a 675mm rad,for use with a 9/11 fan?

I guess you'd need to know the measurements for the mounting screws?

As Andy already mentioned, the rear Koni dampers have some height adjustment. But the Eibachs are so short that even on the max position it's still much to low.

With the Pi springs it can now be adjusted for the best compromise. Might bring it down a little, but it seems to be settling on its own ATM.....

Would love some coilies, but zero budget for that ATM :(

dragging this issue up again - I can't find the pics at the mo, but for anyone with Eibachs and Koni's, I had two more grooves cut in the damper bodies so I could raise the rear of the car by adjusting the bottom spring plates a bit further than the koni shocks allow. (mine were the off-the car adjustable damping type with only three grooves, but the three are just further apart than the 5 on the Top Adjustable type - same range of height min to max)

It's been running like this for several months now with no problems and the front/rear height balance is just right.

I do have a 16v, but if anything it should run higher at the front, probably why on mine the front wishbones are just slightly pointing down (which is good).

I did consider fitting an extra spacer to the rear dampers to get the same result as your suggestion. The main reason for not keeping the Eibach spring was how hard they are, maybe the valver springs are different?

TBH the PI ones are a bit of a stop gap. I'd still like some KW's at some point. Especially after having a ride out in Shauns car again last week, they are just sublime. The ride comfort and handling balance is the best I've experienced yet.

Thanks for testing the brackets out Kev, I'll get the rest made ASAP. Be in touch with the rest of you on the list soon.

Good to have a chat Sunday Dave, just a quick line to say I'm no longer dole scum :clap:

Listers VW Evesham have a new tech :D

Good to have a chat Sunday Dave, just a quick line to say I'm no longer dole scum :clap:

Well done chap :clap:

I did consider fitting an extra spacer to the rear dampers to get the same result as your suggestion. The main reason for not keeping the Eibach spring was how hard they are, maybe the valver springs are different?

TBH the PI ones are a bit of a stop gap. I'd still like some KW's at some point. Especially after having a ride out in Shauns car again last week, they are just sublime. The ride comfort and handling balance is the best I've experienced yet.

Thanks for testing the brackets out Kev, I'll get the rest made ASAP. Be in touch with the rest of you on the list soon.

Already regretting not making UD's - snow in Leeds! I see Corrado's lead the way again! :clap:

Re the springs, Dave - do you have any data on relative spring rates for the Eibach, PI & KW?

Well done chap :clap:

Well done indeed!

Phil, haven't looked really. The KW's do have spring rates in lb's and come in two types for the Corrado, firm and comfy :lol: being old I prefer the comfy these days. Eibach etc don't usually give info like that away so it's difficult to get a base reference together other than fitting them and trying them out......

Dave, I have a set of H&R green VR6 springs you're welcome to try once I get another set of coil overs (should be within the next few weeks)

Dave, I have a set of H&R green VR6 springs you're welcome to try once I get another set of coil overs (should be within the next few weeks)

Cheers Gary! Pretty soon I'll have tested more suspension setups on my car than Mr Pianowire :lol:

Car was nice and clean still from Ultimate Dubs, so a few pics 8)

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC_0152.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

Corrado92.pdfDSC_0157.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC_0161.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC_0175.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC_0197.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

DSC_0205.jpg[/attachment:910fify9]

Such a nice Rado, mate. I love it. Really must grab a passenger ride now you've got the engine management to a stage where you're happy with it :)

Dave was kind enough to let me have a spin in this fantastic car tonight :D I must admit I was expecting it to be like a race car and hard to drive but it is still beautifully refined and easy to drive. The suspension is set up really well giving a ride that is not too firm which I was again impressed with. Put your foot down and it really does put a big grin on your face. Its a great piece of engineering.

Looking good Dave 8) its down to good polish mate :thumbleft:

And a little hint of OCD :lol:

Just making the most of the paint as it is for the moment. I still remember it being rather average at a CCGB National day back in 2006 :) Especially as I drooled over most of the other cars attending (Bill, Judith etc) very clean motors.

Sure we'll get a chance to have another run out Jim, it might be running a little more boost by then :grin:

Cheers David, glad you enjoyed it. Not so much of a wild animal, more a smooth torquey cruiser.

Well the sun is out again today and it really feels like Corrado time! Worcester meet anyone? :D

Hmm.. if the Corrado didn't need a wash and polish, I'd have popped down! :)

Dave if you fancy a drive out to the sticks .... :wave:

Sorry Gary, only just spotted this! Been busy in the garden all day making a den for my daughter. Lots of daddy points scored today :lol:

Updated brackets list

Stormcharged VR. 9"/11"

Leon. 9/11"

KAD-VR6 9/11"

Tom. size 6.5/11"

r4-ge 9/11"

These should be ready to go very soon.