CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Looking good Dave, you got the polishing bug mate :thumbleft:

:lol: Yeh, even did the Golf last night, looks great!

Loving the avatar! Merrin's spelling is coming on a treat! :lol:

Who broke down after Stanford then? :?

Loving the avatar! Merrin's spelling is coming on a treat! :lol:

Who broke down after Stanford then? :?

Could be related to too much commercial weight in the boot :?

Sampled VRT power in the Green one today... :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's certainly a credit to you Dave, drives really well and sounds like something from a mad max film :grin:

Sampled VRT power in the Green one today... :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's certainly a credit to you Dave, drives really well and sounds like something from a mad max film :grin:

Cheers Gary, glad you enjoyed it. I did some rough calcs of power to weight and I reckon your VR MK2 is 195ish hp / tonne, and my C is 210hp/tonne. So not a lot in it and with your lower final drive :shock: Corrados are just sooooo heavy.

Looking forward to seeing how Steve's VRT Mk2 performs!!!!!

Oh and I think the Rubbadubz meet is a week on Wednesday (21st May).

It might be a bit heavier than a mk2, but it's drives really really well, I was impressed, and as I said, never driven a Corrado before.

It's all good mate - got the gadget all installed last night :wink: switch was binding on the case so I just drilled out the hole :nuts:

I need to get some more CF and I may have a look at trying to mount it flush rather than 'on top' of the CF.. :norty:

Thanks again for building it :clap:

I think Steve will need a diff in his as I bet he won't run it on half a bar :cuckoo:

Flush would look better.

If you want an extension lead making up for the external temp sensor give me a shout. Just wish it would work on a Corrado, just another reason to go OBD2 eh!

For those wondering what we're on about look here. http://www.blafusel.de/misc/obd2lcd_4en.html Nice piece of kit.

Bit power hungry then is he :D seemed such a quiet guy :lol:

For a change, did some stuff to the VRT today :D (apart from wash it :) )

Fitted some EBC 288mm discs, late Golf calipers, Goodrich brake lines and Red Stuff ceramic pads.

Corrado92.pdfDSC009100001.JPG[/attachment:2obgw0iq]

The old setup....

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC009130002.JPG[/attachment:2obgw0iq]

Not much bigger in overall diameter, but the pad area is much better.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC009150003.JPG[/attachment:2obgw0iq]

These are the 280 pads and the old 288's for size comparison.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC009180005.JPG[/attachment:2obgw0iq]

The end result looking all shiney and new! The road test proved that the extra surface area really makes a big difference, pedal feels much better. Need to take it easy for a few miles to get everything bedded in nicely.

DSC009190001.JPG[/attachment:2obgw0iq]

Not a lot of room for anything bigger with 15" rims. Need to save some more pennies :(

Good stuff, Dave. This will really complete the VRT- the only thing that really needed doing. Apart from a LSD :wink:

James, well as you know, the brake caliper colour is pretty much the only non standard external part on my car (and the Jetex!). So strange colours are a must. I like them :D

Cazza, cheers Andy and I always thought it was the performance that made the colour drain from your face. Must have been the cr*p brakes :lol:

I've just been putting everything away outside. Jumped in the works Ford Mundain to put it on the drive and nearly ran into the back of the VR!!!! Sheeeeiiittteee brakes :lol:

at last you have done something to make the car stop as well as it goes :) the 288's are a good upgrade.

Been loving the video you took of this on the track at Prescott mate - it sounds like a baby Veyron! Looking forward to another passenger ride in this at some point I have to say! :)

at last you have done something to make the car stop as well as it goes :) the 288's are a good upgrade.
All

Definately. All VR's should have had them from new. Might be the most cost effective performance mod their is :thumb right:

Been loving the video you took of this on the track at Prescott mate - it sounds like a baby Veyron! Looking forward to another passenger ride in this at some point I have to say! :)

Did you hear PeteC coming out of the open hairpin. Sounds like he's giving it a right boot full! Next Coventry meet it is then Jim, see if we can find some more TT's :lol:

CrazyDave, your car is Crazy. I have a good engine bay picture on my phone :luvlove:

Don't let the cops see it, they might arrest you for having material of an explicit nature :lol:

Hi Dave,

Just a quick one to say glad you made it to our house warming last weekend was good to see you and the family again and thanks awfully for the spin in the VRT WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! what a car :clap: :salute: :luvlove: you got me seriously thinking about 288's now too having tried them out on yours and seeing the pictures of the size differance :eek: cant believe they are so much bigger!

Hope to see you on sunday with a special speedline cake Lol!

Shaun, mmmm tasteful!

Thanks Paul! You're very welcome. The brakes are getting better and better as the pads settle in. Although some of the improvement could be the Red Stuff pads?

I'll see you tomorrow at Tatton. Although it's raining outside ATM, and I have a lot to do on the VR due to the 16V having blown it's head gasket last Friday.

It's taken most of my evenings this week to get it apart, fixed and back together. Minor mess with the cam timing, I made the classic error of not checking the alignment after tightening the cams down. All sorted now, seems to be running much better.

Found a broken injector air shroud, two bad injectors with uneven fuel spray (well more of a dribble). The inlet valves on those ports and valves were clogged with gunge, so it was running pretty much on three valves on two cylinders.

It's had..... new lifters, fuel injectors, injector air shrouds, cam belt and tensioner, stem seals, bit of a head fettle, valves cleaned and lapped in. Runs lovely and quiet now and no boiling over!

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfDSC009820001.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

Book1.pdfDSC009840002.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC009850003.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSC009880004.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC009890005.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

Corrado92.pdfDSC009910006.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC009930007.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC009960008.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC009970009.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

DSC009980010.JPG[/attachment:1eznc0zy]

Thanks Paul! You're very welcome. The brakes are getting better and better as the pads settle in. Although some of the improvement could be the Red Stuff pads?

Red stuff pads and goodridge hoses transformed my std brakes.

Matt

P.S your car spec looks awesome :D

Clogged up! ypou are not joking! nice pics tho Dave, i'm learning more about engines everytime i look at stuff like this Lol!

See ya at tatton. :grin:

Really impressed with how much you do yourself Dave :salute: Must be saving you a small fortune!

I think I need a good chat with you about brakes next time we meet - Maybe a Bristol/Midlands meet in early September?

I see your spending time and money on the daily Dave, I know the feeling the goof's cost me a fortune this month :( drives great now tho.

I bet your enjoying some nice K-jet smoothness now :D

Love the new sig :)

The cam to cam timing on the valvers is a bit rubbish isn't it?