Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

What seats are these from?

Those seats are Recaro's out of a Merc SL (as mentioned above), heated / electric, lumbar adjustment etc. mounted on modified corrado subframes. Switches on sides of seats are OEM Recaro switches as found on the Merc SL Recaro seats (Recaro seats were a cost option). The corrado in question was a metallic blue G60 (J** JFT) and used to belong to a guy called Paul Wright (not sure if he still has it) and rolled on 8x16" polished Porsche Design 90's,

Cheers

they'll still be aftermarket recaro's tho..........even if they were sourced from a SL.........Mercs have the electric adj switches in the doorcards,Asim has a set of very similiar electric adjustable Recaro's in his mk1

Not all Merc's have the switches for electrical-adjustment of seats in the doorcards BTW, only some do. For example last model e-class etc were but new models are on the sides of seats.

They might be aftermarket Recaro's but I am quoting from the Golf+ magazine article which featured this corrado, which states they are "ultra-rare Merc SL Recaro's ....retrimmed in black leather" which tends to suggest they were standard fit or cost option, not aftermarket ones put into an SL.

Whichever, they are nice seats and a bit different.

I believe the actual model of seat is an early Recaro Expert L, with optional electric adjustment and heating. Think they were about £1000 each back then, more if bought as an option. There was a real tatty set for sale on ed38 a while back for £250 !

CORRECTION: Just checked original ed38 post, original cost of seats was £1200+VAT per seat, and they were going for £200 in the advert back in mid-september, needed a re-trim but at that price.........

Think your right Merc SL switches are on the side of the seat, but actually on the side facing the door card, so they are vertically mounted...if that makes sense.

My uncle has one I can will have a look and report back!

should have said...........they are aftermarket recaro's from the mid-late 80's early -mid 90's when all Mercs had the switches on the door cards..........newer Mercs probably/do have the switches on the seat right enough

spooky that?? a mate of mine has just bought a rado with the exact same seats, they are recaro comfort seats, and beleive me they are very comfy. all the lumbars can inflate/deflate at the touch of a button, these are what i want, so gonna wait till he is broke, and pounce on him for these seats :lol:

spooky that?? a mate of mine has just bought a rado with the exact same seats, they are recaro comfort seats, and beleive me they are very comfy. all the lumbars can inflate/deflate at the touch of a button, these are what i want, so gonna wait till he is broke, and pounce on him for these seats :lol:

'Nee Nah Nee Nah Nee Nah'

There goes another ambulance Karl - after it quick! :)

Will, what you trying to say mate???? i would never make the most of some persons bad situation :evil:

Will, what you trying to say mate???? i would never make the most of some persons bad situation :evil:

:lol:

You're a dirty old dog mate :)

(fair play)

The corrado in question was a metallic blue G60 (J** JFT) and used to belong to a guy called Paul Wright (not sure if he still has it) and rolled on 8x16" polished Porsche Design 90's,

Cheers

I can vouch that Paul no longer owns this as a mate bought it to the Flog meet (lichfield) last week.

Sweet just isnt the word, the seats are amazing as are the polished D90's.

And its slammed.

whitedog let me no when your going to flog next mate, i go most weeks, but been busy the last 2 weeks though, and yeh Dales new motor is sweet.