Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

SANTA POD RWYB 23rd FEB

Would be nice to see the VR6.

Would also be nice to see other members of the forum there too maybe as a meeting. Would be nice not to be outnumbered by the "Sporting Micra" owners club :shock: :shock:

There are quite a few Run What You Brung events at Pod through the year. Maybe get a lot of us there for a meet / Race :D

so who's going on sunday then? im about 80% sure i can go & it would be cool to put some faces to some names on here!

and for everyone to whitness a £250 mk1 whooooooop a banana g60! :lol:

Damnit... this would be worth going to see as well... but I really wanna go to the rolling road day. And I obviously have to go to my old mans birthday lunch so the Pod isnt an option.

I'll be looking forward to a bunch of pictures and a report on who kicked who's ass!!!! :)

Might as well start a new thread each time Chris as this one would get over packed! Santa pod holds usually about 2 or 3 RWYB's a month whenever there isn't another event being held there basically!!

Santa pod on sunday was a godd day out it looked as though it was only me and the 2 chris's from the forum that turned up but we managed to get quite few runs in I pesonally went up the strip 12 times my best time was 15.4 which wasn't bad as I had a bit of trouble with the timing advance bolt coming undone on the distributer which advanced the timing to a misfire I managed to get it back to the original mark though as I had previously marked it thak god!!! heres a couple of pics that I took!!

only managed 16.198 in the standard VR but someone had to be tail gunner!

Good 2 c u guys and good fun too

Ant did u sort your fuses, what was up with it?

Yeah got it sorted mate it was where I had taken the headlight out and the wiring must have earthed on the bodywork at some point. See you at the next one I might be going up on the 16th now as I have really got the strip fever just cant get enough!! Want to get my times down to the mid 14's and next time when I'm up against the scooby I'll be able to keep up with it he beat me by 2 seconds with a 14.569 and I finished with a 16.519 but I had a lowsey start and span it off the line which slowed me down!!

he chicken'd out at the last minute siad he'll be at the next one to beat me!!!! I think he's just scared :thumbleft:
:alien2:

yeah,yeah, yeah i will be there watch this space!

damn, thought u were going to spread 'em out a bit Ant on account of costs, now I've got to go over there again! but might just watch as I cant compete!!!

Take the headlight moosh it adds an extra 10hp :D :? I bet it costs me more in fuel than it does you Chris I have to do a round trip of 250miles just to compete and then theres the fuel bill the entrance fee and the sighning on fee all in all I think it costs me around £60 to go to santa pod :? And chris you dont have to race me if you dont want there's always plenty of other cars to race!!! You and Chris were having close runs!!! I want to run against that Civic type R again he only just had me last time!!!

So come on Darren do you think your £250 shed :D will be able to compete against my yellow banana!!

what and blow a fuse?

no worries about going mate, like you I enjoyed the hell out of it

look forward to 16th

so who else is coming then? :D

I'll see you there then!! About to get a lift up to the pod with a few mates, so i'll come and find you guys today! :)

Sorry couldn't make it today cash is really tight as the insurance company took more than they were supposed too :( I also have to get a new rear engine bearer it's just about had it now!! I'll try to be at the next one and maybe me and darren will finally have this grudge match tango MK1 against Banana corrado :D You up for it then Darren???????

yeah love to mate but as you know ant i sold the mk1 on saturday to make way for a cabriolet for my wife!! at least that keeps het out of the c now :shock: :shock: :lol:

Well the next one is two weeks away on Sunday 30th - I should hopefully be heading up for that one as well, so maybe we can get a bit of a turn out for the forum?? :)

Great day today by the way.. nice to meet & chat to you 2CC...