Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Mystical, Fabled 6-speed Gearbox

I'm thinking about changing the direction of my project somewhat.

Interested to know what people think my 02a 6-speed 'box is worth, it's from a mk5 golf 2.0 FSI GT (non-turbo).

Cheers,

will fit any 02a Corrado

Thats wrong for a start as the G60 and VR6 both use 02a but the bell housings are completly different...

I would have thought it would also need custom driveshafts too with mk4 inner CV's?

will fit any 02a Corrado

Thats wrong for a start as the G60 and VR6 both use 02a but the bell housings are completly different...

I would have thought it would also need custom driveshafts too with mk4 inner CV's?

Yikes, easy now! - couldn't be arsed to look it up but found info now...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=speed

Price please ?

He's not technicaly selling but is asking people what it's worth matey...

If he wanted to sell I'm sure he'd advertise it in the parts for sale section ;) :lol:

That thread highlights even more problems i'd not considered...

the mounting surface for the starter motor is wrong, not letting the starter engage fully with the flywheel

you cant put a normal type 02A/02J diff in there, the clutch release arm and bearing are different as is the mounting holes for the gear cable bracket,

also there is not a hole in the box to put a speedo drive into, it runs off the abs on newer cars

Have you trial fitted it at all??

mk5 starter, diff and clutch available - i doubt the kind of person after this box will be running a standard speedo cable either,

Cheers for pointing out though Supercharged

its not as easy as 'just' bolting it on

depends what you're bolting it on to surely....

if your bolting it to whatever you unbolted it from then yes its easy, to anything else (ie a corrado) then its not!

smart ar*e

give over man.

all things considered its a relatively easy route for a six speed. A couple of minor alterations are nothing really when the box bolts up exactly as the standard one.

Stop being a twisty get

well it must be said, thanks for all your help guys.

We almost managed two whole pages before descending into small minded negativity, great stuff. In fact it's probably a record.

If anyone wants to tell me something useful about the box, then feel free to do so.

But you'll probably first have to skip a couple of pedantic posts following this one explaining how you're all simply pointing out facts about the box and blah blah blah and I could've been less cheeky and totally devoid of a sense of humour blah blah blah....