Sign in to follow this  
markievw

HOW FAR DO YOU COMMUTE

30.4 miles exactly (15.2 each way) which I guess is about average. Only takes me 15 minutes on the way back though which is good.

Dave, I remain eternally grateful that I am positioned for handy access to junction 7. Whenever people wince at the distance of my commute, I cheerily inform them that if I actually had to get into the middle of Worcester at each end, that would probably double the time.

Without problems, door to door takes me half an hour, and that's to do twenty five miles on the nose.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I really should've known better than to tempt fate, shouldn't I?

Left the house at seven ten this morning, arrived at school at half ten. Mahoosive queue after a sadly fatal accident on the M5 at 4A. In all the time teaching at my current school, I've had no problems at all, despite the rather accident-heavy nature of this section of motorway.

Then I shoot my mouth off on here about it and BLAM!

Still, my long commute is nothing compared with the people who died and were injured. Sad stuff.

haha i used to do 260miles a day, but i moved closer to work and now it's about 210miles a day on my 00 Golf GLS 2.0L i get about 33 to 34 miles per gallon

They should make petrol more expensive over there ...

This guy wins though:

http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/sanjos ... ily41.html

160 miles. Each way. Idiot.

"I have a great job and my family loves the ranch where we live," .. well indeed, I'll bet they do (they live near Yosemite National Park), but YOU my friend, do not SEE the ranch where you live from one weekend to the next..?!