Sign in to follow this  
mk1g60

never let your mrs drive your rado

its one of those "you would never believe it type stories"

her little polo is playing up, shes paranoid about driving it (water pump has packed up and it runs off the timing belt on those so im not touching it), so i drove it to my mates garage today, with her following me in the g60.

bet you can guess where this is going....... i stopped at a junction and bang!!! she crashed into her own car, driving my car

shes caved in the lower rear valence and rear bumper on herss and broke the headlight and knackered the wing on mine.

pics to follow when i can be arsed to get the camera out

Thats not cool... How do you not lose it! more earache in the long run if you do but i think i'd bite my tongue off in the process trying not to, gutted for you.

to be honest im not that bothered, the bodywork on the g60 isnt brilliant and the drivers door needs paint anyway. would be a different story if the car was mint

Paranoid or not, she should of still drove her car, if you were following in your motor she'd have nothing to worry about.

When i let my wife drive my car (if by chance i've had a drink) she turns into colin mcrae, the power is like a drug that just takes over.

Very first time i let her have a go and she nearly wrote it off before we got out the garage, nearly put it into a pump....i wouldnt have been impressed.

Gutted for you pal, but at least you can get the bodywork sorted..

every cloud and all that.

Mmmmmm My missus isn't even aloud to think about driving my G60!!! But then in fairness she wouldn't anyway as she knos it is my pride and joy and on top of that for one she's never driven a car as remotely powerful as mine and two she wouldn't have a hope of getting insured on it.

But on the flip side I've just ordered a brand new Alfa 159 that is fully loaded and I've got to put her on the insurance of that one! It's either the Alfa or the G60.

she wouldn't have a hope of getting insured on it.

so she's either a hot 17yo Learner or she has a bit of bad history car wise :lol:

Reading this thread is like going back to the fifties :lol:

Sorry to hear about your missforune though mk1g60!

I've nearly hit my C while parking my other car - that would be an interesting insurance claim....

Erm.. yeah my car has been hit by another car and the driver was me so I need to claim against myself :lol: