Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Passenger not impressed

lastnight, a friend commented on how boring and dull my car is inside, and i kinda agreed, have never been a fan of sprayed plastics in car but i think mine is just too black and boring.

anyone got pics of their interior and what they have done? am thinking things like new gearknob, maybe a different headunit, and some metal/chrome knobs etc?

Steering wheel helps alot, the standard item looks so dated. Also metal gauge dial surrounds are pleasing on the eye.

Next on my list for the interior is a set of audi tt pedals.

:lol:

shall i just get loads of stick on air freshners like the local crazy lady in her metro? am sure everyone has one

Get them to look up from the dash - make them more worried about how quickly things in the distance end up flyin past their face :)

Extreme would be just change the dash - TT 8)

if the passenger is not impressed?? i have the solution mate, make the ungratefull sod bloody walk :lol:

yip my way of thinking :lol:

I'd agree that a standerd C dash is somewhat unexciting from the passneger seat but I love the cockpit like feel you get in the drivers side!

Here's what I have done to mine to bring it a bit more up to date plus leather and new mats which came slightly later 8)

Easy enough mate - you obviously have to remove them from the car and seperate the front of the clocks from the back.

They're a fairly good fit and are held on with some strong glue from Halfords (I forget what I used) my middle ring doesn't sit quite as flush as I'd like but I'm far too much of a perfectionist...

I had them glued into position in about half an hour and put them in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours to let the glue to set!

Deffo worth it IMO as brings the dash bang upto date and worth every penny as you get to look at them everytime you're behind the wheel 8)