Sign in to follow this  
grimmy

My morning suprise

I crawled out of bed this morning with quite the hangover, looked out of the window to check on my car as usual, and could see some sort of dirt on the roof so went out to investigate.

Some utter wanker decided to run over all the cars on that side of the road last night, and jumped off the car infronts roof onto my bonnet!!

It was parked up in Southampton outside my girlfriends flat where i normally wouldn't worry about leaving it. I'm soooooo gutted and enraged at the same time!!! Cant believe the sort of person who thinks its a great way to show off, ruining peoples beloved cars.

dent.jpg

dent2.jpg

The roofs ok, just the dent in the bonnet which looks like it'll pull out, although there is a small crease line where a strengthening strut runs underneath. Pics dont' show it very well :(

No reason for the post other than closure.

Did you question the 2 chav's walking down the street? :lol:

Sorry mate can't be nice waking up to that on a sunday morning with a hangover :(

to paraphrase Martin Q Blank: "dumb forkin' luck!!"...

my VR's bonnet was jumped outside a friends place in Maybush back in the summer too... it must be something in the Stella around these parts... where abouts in the $hitty were you parked! :roll:

sorry that S'fampton has left a bitter taste in your mouth (no twisted comments Numpty D. :wink: )... i promise you we're not all like that!!!

It was parked just down from portswood highstreet. My gf lives literally next door to Mayday, some car modifying centre that i havent investigated... I saw a very smart red corrado driving through portswood at the weekend too, really stood out.

harsh.

A few years back was in a pub in town and some dude was running over cars. The bouncers on the door grabbed the dude and beat fuk out of him.

Shame these dudes weren't outside your missus house.

I was so enraged when it first happened that i entered a melancholy state... Just daydreaming about what i'd do the person had i caught them in the act. Crazy with revenge, but still calm due to the intense hangover i was suffering.

Hopefully it is, and can just be pulled out with a sucker. But there is a fold in it, that looks like it won't come out. But i shall try my luck first!

sorry that S'fampton has left a bitter taste in your mouth (no twisted comments Numpty D. :wink: )... i promise you we're not all like that!!!

moi? :lol:

sh!tty luck about the bonnet mate, fingers crossed it can be popped out, and won't need a respray.

good luck, and hopefully you don't have a salty taste in your mouth like jazzdevil [schild=16 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]funboyz[/schild]

That's crap mate. Hopefully it should pull out OK. Somebody did this to our Civic Coupe last year in Wotton :(

thats really bad :mad:

i saw some kids running over cars once, i was about to shout at them from across the road, when one slipped off the roof of a car and fell backwards head first onto the kerb, he looked quite hurt so i was happy enough to continue on my travels :lol:

thats really bad :mad:

i saw some kids running over cars once, i was about to shout at them from across the road, when one slipped off the roof of a car and fell backwards head first onto the kerb, he looked quite hurt so i was happy enough to continue on my travels :lol:

TBH, you should have at least gone and kicked him really hard to check that he was still alive.

...and hopefully you don't have a salty taste in your mouth like jazzdevil [schild=16 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]funboyz[/schild]

mmmmmmm, s a l t y!

Hopefully it is, and can just be pulled out with a sucker. But there is a fold in it, that looks like it won't come out. But i shall try my luck first!

grimmy, i know a guy who does decent dent-repair work in Southampton - pm me if you want his name/number for when you're next down... as for the jumpers themselves, i hope their shoelaces are tied together before they try it again!! :x

Well i took my car to ColourTech in Wooten and they said that the strut leading under the bonnet is bent too. So any change of forcing that back out would most likely make things worse. They said they have a bonnet but it would be over 600 quid to have it painted and fitted so clearly not worth it.

What an utter fucker

That's cack mate! I have nightmares about that - maybe we should start up a Corrado Grant scheme where people can donate money to forum members who can prove that their cars have been damaged through no fault of their own to help with the repairs.

Anyone think this is a good idea? I'd be happy to send a few quid to a fellow member who had bad luck.

B******* mate,

Get a second-hand bonet on here or wherever for £100ish, get it prepped / painted and fitted for another £100........£600 that's total overkill (if price for NEW bonnet then fair enough but no need for new one). Ok you could claim on your insurance, but for the sake of summat that will cost you £200 most to get sorted (your XS will be £100 at least anyways I would have thought ?) I'd just bite the bullet and get it done.

Good luck anyways whatever you decide.

With Struan on this one. Get a second hand one, or do it on insurance (provided you have protected no claims and your excess isn't too steep).

I've posted on that dragon green breaking in the for sale section, think thats till got a bonnet up for grabs for not very much money :)

I wouldn't claim on my insurance as i'm only 21, don't have protected no claims and rely on them to afford the insurance. Plus my excess is huge :(