Sign in to follow this  
iggi

twin carbs on valver

anybody fitted weber or dellorto twin carbs on their 16v rado? having nothing but trouble with my injection at mo. wont run. either no fuel coming through. or floods the plugs in optimax! fancy a bit of change. what size are best? they easy to live with? any advice please. cheers!

anybody fitted weber or dellorto twin carbs on their 16v rado? having nothing but trouble with my injection at mo. wont run. either no fuel coming through. or floods the plugs in optimax! fancy a bit of change. what size are best? they easy to live with? any advice please. cheers!

every valver on carbs (including golfs) seems to be in the same state:

'will be running properly/better'

or

'developing more power'

'...once they are set up properly'

I've yet to see one that actually delivers the promised torque and power gains over k-jet that so many promise :)

I guess there's some out there though???

What I do know is there are plenty of 160/170bhp+ valvers on standard k-jet that do good mpg and are reliable daily drivers.

If you can afford it, throttle bodies, and EFI with stand alone management seems the way to go. But it might be cheaper to stick a chipped 1.8T in instead :lol:

Mine ran perfectly for a few years :?

Only time you will have trouble is if the carbs are worn/tired ie:worn spindles etc...They should not need constant setting up otherwise.

Mine was set up once (and properly) and every single day it ticked over bang on 1k rpm,and it went...wish i had it back over the rado anyday tbh... :(

Neil.

My friend had a similar problem with his Golf 16V, turned out to be the screw on the metering head was set too rich, also clean your injectors at the same time, should help or if your looking for a new set of injectors i have a brand new set of Bosch one's for a 2.0 16v and want £50, once you get the car tuned properly after it should be fine..:)

Stick with K-Jet, just get it fixed. I had one in a few weeks back that the customer (a reasonably skilled mechanic) had been trying to fix and it ran like a dog. He was on about Webers, bike carbs and God knows what else and it turned out to be two small faults, one introduced when he was trying to fix it. Unless you are prepared to make the jump to throttle body injection or a 1.8T conversion, it just isn’t worth the pain. I have a saying, carburettors have a serious fuel injection problem, they aren’t.