Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know a cylindar block supplier???

My corrado gave up on friday night. Big end has gone. Noisy like you wouldn't believe. I need to find a new block has any one any suggestions where I can get one from?

My corrado gave up on friday night. Big end has gone. Noisy like you wouldn't believe. I need to find a new block has any one any suggestions where I can get one from?

track down a 2L 16v audi 80 in autotrader, local ads, e-bay etc... doesn't need to be MOT'd just running so you can hear the engine, then stick the bottom end in your corrado, with the exception of the sump and oil pickup pipe off your old KR it's plug and play and you'll have a good 150bhp :)

there's 3 or 4 on e-bay at the moment, shouldn't cost you more than a couple of hundred quid if you can fit it yourself.

i have a whole block and head that you can have for a price, but im not posting it cos it weighs a TON!!!

Think its covered around 80,000 head needs a re build but bottom end is as sweet as a nut, only took it out as i put in a 2.0!

Oh and the head gaskets gone but wouldnt matter anyway!!

track down a 2L 16v audi 80 in autotrader, local ads, e-bay etc... doesn't need to be MOT'd just running so you can hear the engine, then stick the bottom end in your corrado, with the exception of the sump and oil pickup pipe off your old KR it's plug and play and you'll have a good 150bhp :)

there's 3 or 4 on e-bay at the moment, shouldn't cost you more than a couple of hundred quid if you can fit it yourself.

Is that the 6a engine code?

Is that the 6a engine code?

yup, or if you're lucky, on a late one it might be ACE, which is equivalent to an ABF engined mk3 16v

Thank you all. Need a complete built block really. I'll check out what price one from Vw might be, Thinking of a recon block and head to save on labour then straight swap using the accilaries from mine. It's been trailered to Raw engineering who make a Seven type Kit called the Striker who are friends of mine. Should be in good hands. It's gona getin the way f their usual work but I need my corrado back. A price from Bighands would be good to know though. 2.0 bottom end sounds interesting might keep looking for 1781 first though.