Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

VR6 battery - can you buy online?

Need a new battery for my rado - it is the VR6 without aircon, but elec seats etc and I have an amp for my stereo.

Anyone know which battery I should buy and also of any good retailers online?

The cheapest place i have found for a decent battery is Costco, they do Bosch Silver for less than my local factors want for a cheapo battery.

LOL..... stop frigging about on here and get down to Halfords FFS!! You don't need hand holding for a battery mate, any fecker will do, just so long as it fits in the car!! :lol:

GSF do them aswell and fractionally cheaper than Halfords IIRC....

I went for the biggest one that would physically fit in the car, which was a 70ah one IIRC. VRs left the factory with small 45Ah batteries mate. There's no specific guidelines, it's just the larger the Ah rating, the more current you have in reserve, more oomph for ICE etc.....or put another way, you can leave the car standing longer between starts and that's pretty much the only difference......the alternator runs the car whilst it's running ;-)

Bosch silvers are ok but not got the best reputation...

Either get Halfords or VAG, about the same price but 4 year warranty with Halfords Calcium ones...

I can't imagine for one second why you would want to order a car battery online .. !?! Shipping would cost more than the battery. It's LEAD acid you know. Kinda heavy .. ;)

And as for Bosch silver not having a good rep.. well mine has let me down once in four years of occasional use (and it was 2 deg C at the time), but that's simply because it doesn't ever get charged. You can't expect miracles..!

Charged it back up and it's been fine since (that was 1 year ago now).

With the Corrado, mostly the battery is not the problem - it is the car's tendency to leak the power.

I often wonder how much money has been wasted by C owners ditching sound batteries. (Did it myself once.)

I trickle charge mine now and again. With a charger by Airflow you do not even have to keep opening and shutting the bonnet, thus saving the bonnet release mechanism - another weak point of the Corrado, it would seem.

Bosch silvers are ok but not got the best reputation...

Either get Halfords or VAG, about the same price but 4 year warranty with Halfords Calcium ones...

Bosch silvers have a 4 year warranty,I just bought the largest one that would fit and has been faultless.

( needless to say I keep the reciept )

Mr chubbz