Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Might be time to sell, never thought the day would come.....

You may recall a short while ago I started a post asking how many forum members never intended to sell their Corrados………. I included my name in the “I will never sell it” list.

Well I am having second thoughts for a number of reasons.

Firstly the interior is a night mare to keep clean where I live, small issue I know but it really does do my head in spending so much time cleaning the carpet for it only to get muddy again, it doesn’t matter how careful I am.

Small silly things keep going wrong, like fuses blowing, the interior light not working all the time, strange random noises all over the place on minute, then gone the next.

I know this is all part of owning an older car but I guess the long and short of it is I don’t trust the car……….

Im always waiting for the next thing to go wrong, always listening out for a new noise that will keep me awake at night thinking about it! It takes the fun out of driving it, I am worrying too much of the time, I cant relax!

I also don’t use it enough, I will have put maybe 1000 mils on it this year, the cost of tax in Ireland does not warrant having a car you only do 1000 miles a year in. if I was a millionaire maybe!

So whats it worth?

1995 VR6 Storm

135k miles

Green

Cream heather leather

Passenger seat & rear seat perfect, drivers seat showing age, nothing that bad though

FVWSH

Chains need doing

Last service 900 miles ago

Body work perfect apart from small scuff on rear bumper

All electrics in full working order, apart from alarm, it’s a small problem though. (new sunroof motor, new thermal fuse for heater, new headlight switch, new rear demister switch etc…………the usual stuff to go)

I have a box full of receipts for the car from new, the history very comprehensive and the car has been well looked after, the list of new parts and work it has had would be very long.

The car will be sold in Ireland, so I expect to get more for it here as cars are more expensive new and second hand here.

So what do you all think?

Cheers guys

£5-7K seems to be the going rate for tidy ones... so would expect something in those regions.

I know how selling your pride and joy is never an easy thing to do and putting a value on it can be a tough decision. However, for what is essentially a standard storm, is it not easy enough to have a look in the classifieds and base your price on the going rates?

I'm not suggesting that this thread isn't a genuine value related question and that you have any kind of hidden agenda but, I do feel that a lot of these '’what's it worth threads'’ are a way of circumnavigating the forum selling guidelines... Surely you could advertise it for £7K and drop the price accordingly depending on interest?

Just had a quick look on autotrader:

1995 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.9 VR6 Storm 3dr Coupe Special Eds (private)

* 90,000 miles

* BLUE

* Petrol

* 3 Door Coupe

Manual, 90,000 miles, Full VW main dealer service history, totally standard car with heated black leather seats. All electrics working (sunroof, windows, wipers, mirrors, fog lights, automatic spoiler £7,200

/\ This one even has an automatic spoiler :roll: :lol: /\

and one similar to yours is

1995 N Reg VOLKSWAGEN Corrado 2.9 VR6 Storm (trade)

* 132,000 miles

* Dragon Green

* Coupe

132,000 miles, Metallic Dragon Green, 2 Owners. Tan Leather Interior, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Foglights, Full service history, Radio/CD, £5,495

Hope that helps...

godskitchen, have you been reading my mind?! ;)

I know exactly where you're coming from, those little problems drag you down and whisper to you in the night! Sounds like a nice car but I reckon you'll be doing well to get over 6k for it.

Trig

I have been thinking more about it over night and really think i will sell in the new year.

To be honest i dont need the money, its just breaking my heart, i think most people on here will understand what i mean by that, you think you have it sorted only for some small thing to drive you to distraction again…………. The interior light not working when the passenger door is open is not that big of a deal in my life, but it becomes a big deal when you have just spend the last 3 weeks repairing other little pain in the behind issues like the thermal fuse.

Not big problems I know but in some ways I would prefer one big problem rather than all the little ones that come with the Corrado.

Phil K, I understand what your saying about the '’what's it worth threads'’ are a way of circumnavigating the forum selling guidelines but i was wondering more what to ask for it in Ireland, i know only of one more storm over here, forum member Irishstorm.

I know the storm commands a higher price over a same spec VR6, which is crazy, its just 2 badges and paint on one of them, if i am ever after a corrado again it wont be a storm.

You'll find that most newer cars will also have niggley little faults from time to time.It's not allways the case that getting something newer will mean that it costs you less time/money to run.

Walesy, your right, but the new car i get wont be a car care about, i care too much about the corrado to let the noises not bother me, im sure you know how it is.

i care too much about the corrado to let the noises not bother me, im sure you know how it is.

Yeah, fair play to you mate, I know what you mean.

I expect if that's the case though, you'll miss it sooner or later.

You'll find that most newer cars will also have niggley little faults from time to time.It's not allways the case that getting something newer will mean that it costs you less time/money to run.

i dont think he wants a newer car mate ,as he only uses it for 1000 miles per annum, i think he just wants to lose the "haunting headache" that the rado is to him at the mo

sounds like a very nice car for someone with a bit of time to sort the niggles