Sign in to follow this  
Ad2408

OK, what do I do then.....

OK, as some of you may know (but most won't :lol: ) I work for BMW so get a good deal on driving their cars.

I.e. Z4 for 300 a month including services, tyres (importantly! as they have a habitof eating them), insurance etc or a Mini Cooper (cue Girls car jokes...) for about 230 a month.

Well my problem is that I have my cars as hobbies but with a new car they'res nothing to do so want to come back to the VW scene.

So...... do I let my girlfriend have my work car, sell her Nugget Valver and use the money to buy (part-buy) either a VR6 or a last of line Mk2 GTI?

Has anyone else gone from having new cars to old cars? Was it too much of a shock to the system?

Any advice welcome?

Thanks for taking the time to read my drivvel!!

Adam

Deluk, ummm?!? Don't know what your on about mate!

KADVR6, Sounds good mate, when's the purple one coming back?

My main car used to be a new Golf IV GTI, love it to bits, don't care if it's big and lardy. 20VT engine is great drive, loads mid range.

Wife had an old MK1 GTI (1982), started needing work doing all the time. Welding etc.... Daughter on the way, had to go.

She now drives the MKIV, and I've got a 10 year old Corrado VR6. And I love it! Nothing like KADVR6's (yet) but it's loads of fun. Some days I find the trim a bit creaky inside, but the rest is probaby better made than the MKIV. It feels a lot more solid. Newer cars feel a bit fragile to me sometimes especially the gearboxes.

The wifes not so happy with the MKIV, but only if she's thinking about her MK1.

..I.e. Z4 for 300 a month including services, tyres (importantly! as they have a habitof eating them), insurance etc or a Mini Cooper (cue Girls car jokes...) for about 230 a month..

surely the girls car jokes should be aimed at the Z4!?

i work for mini, and strongly suggest driving the new cooper s.. it'll p!ss over a standard G, the power is spot on. emissions are really low, so if youre paying company car tax that'll help.

I'd love a Cooper S but they won't let us have them ("Yeah sure youcan have £30 grands worth of 335 twin turbo buta mini Cooper S.... No way sunshine!"

We can only have the Coopers, and what do you mean about the Z4? :lol:

thats crazy. the new coopers nice, but not sure i would commit my own money to it. i would def buy an S though!

Z4's are girls cars.. unless you're talking about the Z4 M coupe.. we sold this one yesterday:

That is stunning but i'm not sure about the white....

This is mine at the mo anyway....

Edit.... So nice I put it in three times and now can't work out how to delete them.

Edit - extras removed ;) - dinkus

Z4's look like the car Peter gets in Family Guy to compensate for having a small cock... Whenever i see them i just think of that.

And yours does look good 8)

I love the new coupe... even in white it's ok but I'd expect a discount :lol:

I like the Z4s, particularly the coupé from the back...and the side...and you get to the front and go "oh god, it looks like a confused whale!!" :lol:

Wouldn't say no to one as long as I could park it face-in to the wall at work tho :D