Sign in to follow this  
Loud VR6

s4 powered corrado possible ???

i have owned my vr for a year and a half and i love the car but in the future i would love to up the power i have thought about a super charger or a turbo but would realy like to do something diffrent . i have seen alot of corrados with the 1.8 t fitted and i know you can get alot of power out of them but if it is possible to fit the s4 engine from a 1998 a4 s4 the power would be amazing especially if you play with it .. i have never seen it done and dont know if its possible .. does any one know if it is possible and what it would involve ?? if it is possible i dont think many cars on the road would keep up ..

Just about anything is possible with the right amount of time and money.

It just depends how far you want to go..

yeh i dont mind spending a bit of cash on my car with in reason i did not think it would be a cheap project . but my main concern is chopping bits out of my car to get it to fit for example i dont want to cut int to the fire wall or the chassis legs . But i dont mind cutting the slam pannel or the bonnet . i think it would be a great project if it was possible i have herd the s4 engine is capable of 360 bhp with just a re map just think of the fun .. :D

i did think that because audi engines are mounted that way it might cause a problem but did not know if ther was away around this ...

Id imagine (and there are more qual;ified people than me on here) that the S4 engine isnt gonna go in without some serious chopping.

As vr6storm, its longitudinally mounted so youre talking power to rear wheels and the engine is big so you probably have to alter just about everything.

If youre dead set on a different engine conversion stick to something from a FWD, what about the new 2.0 turbo job from the new Golf GTI????

i did think about the fsi lump i suppose with a turbo upgrade larger injectors a front mount intercooler i might get the same amount of power .. i just realy want to whipe the smile of all those evo drivers ..

Hmm, sounds like a willing victim of the VR6 turbo brigade. Take one R32 engine. Add liberal sprinkling of twin turbos. Add extraordinary quantities of cash and time supplied by talented engine builder. Wind up with 500bhp and more torque than a steam train.

And an overdraft ...

i think someone in belgium put that in a rallye, dont know if its finished or if its producing power that makes it worthwhile though

spoke to Ian Birch about this. Says its possible but need to cut out the transmission tunnel. Too much work really.

Can't see the point of putting an S4 lump in when there's already a 200cc bigger V6 in the car to start with.....just ripe for a turbo :-)

Can't see the point of putting an S4 lump in when there's already a 200cc bigger V6 in the car to start with.....just ripe for a turbo :-)

agreed and the vr sounds better :twisted: but i think he wants to be different

true quattro maybe?

Hi Mate,

I see you are thinking of putting a S4 engine in your corrado I was putting one into a mk3 vr6 well acompany called TSR was doing it but they have gone bust so I'm selling off the shell and engine Yes S4 engines they can reach 360bhp but my engine has been built to 550+bhp with bigger heads, up rated valves, brand new cam belts, 2 brand new Garrett GT28 ball bearing turbos with custom manifolds, capable of producing 350bhp EACH. Brand new aluminium racing fly wheel, a recon Audi v6 gear box has been totally rebuilt and has a brand new quiaffe diff. making the engine to be 2 wheel drive. Has loom but no brain and has injectors.

Would you be intrested???

Hmm, if you want power from standard have a look at the 2.7Biturbo motors. It is possible to mount one transversely in a Golf, so why not a Corrado (though you would most likely need to do alot of re-positioning). Link one up to Haldex 4wd, a pair of GT3071's and you're away ;)

-

EDIT

Wait, the 98 S4's are powered by this engine

[hide under rock]

Yeah it would of been loverly wolf in sheep clothing but s**t happens I'm just going to let it go and forget the whole thing so if you know if anybody that intrested please let them know cheers.

Did you do anything to your car or you still thinking?

I know someone who knows someone who is doing that conversion as we speak..........cant say who though :( (been told that i would be killed if i said who ;))