Sign in to follow this  
gsbellew

Corrado Dragster, not the 1.8T, a Chevy V8!

Spotted this while passing time in work on the net :shock:

8282-1993-Volkswagen-Corrado.jpg

1/4 Mile ET: 9.214

1/4 Mile MPH: 145.610

1/8 Mile ET: 5.857

1/8 Mile MPH: 117.230

0-60 Foot ET: 1.304

Temperature F: 0.0

Timeslip Scan:

Car Make: Volkswagen

Car Model: Corrado

Car Type: V8

Car Year: 1993

Engine: 468ci Chevrolet

Gas: Methanol

Spencer Tramm's Quantum Leap isnt a funny car, its in the door slammer class as far as i know, funny cars are carbon fibre or fibreglass over a spaceframe chassis, most of the bodywork is his is still original steel, including some of the floor, roof, doors, boot, wings and bonnet. i have seen it run at stratford and its a real beast

seen this at a number of shows and it's an awesome bit of engineering madness... 8)

Spencer's a nice guy too... chatted to him at Santa Pod a couple of years ago on the Dubforce stand... 8)

Just an update...we got rid of the 468ci engine (7669cc) and put a 555ci (9100cc) in and have now run a 8.60 @ 156mph

Spencer

p.s. It's not a funny car, all original body, except the bonnet (so I could add the air scoop)

when are you running it again?

i loved watching it at S.O.A it was the first time i had been to see the drag racing since i was a little kid with a friend of ours Mike Morris with his chevvy powered ford pop called "fizzy pop", it was still road legal at the time, i still remember when he locked the front wheels and did a burn out in the local village to test his new diff lock and ended up digging two 3 inch deep holes in the road :lol: that was about 16 years ago and there are still ruts in the road :)

Just an update...we got rid of the 468ci engine (7669cc) and put a 555ci (9100cc) in and have now run a 8.60 @ 156mph

Spencer

p.s. It's not a funny car, all original body, except the bonnet (so I could add the air scoop)

Sorry Spencer should have said Pro-stock! And a damn quick one too! How was last year's campaign and what you doing this year? Maybe we can organise a Corrado Stand to help motivate you! ;)