Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

front wheel bearins

just been quoted 130 quid all in to have my front wheel bearins replaced is that a good price or not?should i be changin anythin else @ the same time?

(not that i can afford to :lol:)

just both front wheel bearins nothin else,as far as i'm aware

doesn't sound too bad to me, not the most fun job in the world, I've heard some cheap bearings can fail early though, I'd go for VAG or at least OEM quality ones rather than just the cheapest you can source.

doesn't sound too bad to me, not the most fun job in the world, I've heard some cheap bearings can fail early though, I'd go for VAG or at least OEM quality ones rather than just the cheapest you can source.

I'd second Davids quote about getting good quality ones - I've had to have some of mine replaced again and they only done 12k miles. Made sure I got VAG ones this time.

They charged me £188 just in labour for replacing BOTH front bearings and also both lower ball joints and then setting up the camber and tracking.

So £130 not bad, paid around £70 for the bearing kit and ball joints, annoying thing is i think the rear ones have gone now :-(

Can`t win can i :mad:

Sounds a bit steep to me TBH, I recently had all 4 corners done and 4 wheel laser alignment for £120, using VAG bearings...

Cheers to Jodi at Midland VW for that....

(May have been discounted a little though as I've spent about £1k there in the past 6 months....)

Blimey, I was charged £280 for just the Labour & Camber setup! The hubs were badly siezed but I think I was overcharged... shall find another garage for future work - £120 all in is amazingly cheap!

you can do it your self, take the hubs off but mark where the bolts went on the suspension leg, get the bearings done 4 a tenner cash at the local garage and replace, or even just get the tracking re done for 20 quid?? you can get it one 4 50-60 quid then!!!