Sign in to follow this  
fla

air vent flap closes when cooling fans trip in

Is this always the case that when teh cooling fans trip in the air vent flap under the scuttle cover closes? It then opens again after a few seconds, once the fans trip out. Seems strange but firstly, why would it happen? And second if it shouldn't, what wiring should i check - is there a short between the fans and the vent flap diverter? Mines a VR with aircon, if that has any bearing on things.

Would anyone mind checking theirs next time the fans come on, both aircon and non aircon models and let me know if you have the same situation? TIA

The Diavia an original A/C systems are completely different. You can tell if it is a factory fitted system by looking (but I can't see it-I have fitted a few in years gone by) and the factory fitted system had the PR code 9AB on the vehicle data sticker. PM me your chassis number and I will see if there is any info.

Crasher, cheers for clearing that up, i was of the opinion that the Diavia was the original one. Will check the chassis number tomorrow and get back to you. Meanwhile, have you found the flap to move on yours too when the fans trip in?

I was under the impression that you could only get factory AC on the LHD cars - it doesn't fit the RHD cars, so Diavia came up with an after-market system that was fitted by the dealers.

It's still an "genuine" install that was done if you ordered a Corrado with AC, but wasn't actually supplied or fitted at the factory.

No idea on fixing your problem tho :(