Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Door speakers

I have some Kenwood 13"s (5 1/4) speakers that i never got round to fitting in my MK2 GTI Golf....now will these speakers fit in the standard door pockets of a G reg Corrado? By the way im totally new to Corrado's so know pretty much nothing at the mo' :?

Not sure about the size for Corrados, I know that alot of people use 'Door pods', made by Audioscape (pricey). I think your prob may be more about depth? As i say not sure, door pods are pricey but worth it as you'll get a much stronger sound from decent fitment. You should find more info on the search, loads of people leave good advice on here!

5.25" is standard size for the C door pods.

Or you can buy Audioscape pods for larger size speakers such as 6.5".

Or you can buy Audioscape pods for larger size speakers such as 8", which I've co-developed with the scape ;-)

Made from carbon fibre too, for low weight. The wire doesn't f'ck about :lol:

Made from carbon fibre too, for low weight. The wire doesn't f'ck about :lol:

+24Kg of sound deadening

+8Kg in speaker magnets

+10Kg in amps and wiring

-14g in door pod weight :lol:

LOL! The sound deadening is low weight compared to the normal pods :lol:

Besides, you grate cheddar onto your mattress every night and wriggle about on it, so I won't be taking your comments too seriously :lol:

Besides, you grate cheddar onto your mattress every night and wriggle about on it, so I won't be taking your comments too seriously

I think you've been inhaling the exhaust fumes in the Stealth workshop for too long Kev.. lol.. its finally turned you loopy!

Unfortunately the divine odours of Stealth's workshop are not to blame on this occasion, but rather the excessive consumption of Banrock Station :lol:

Hi Mancorr. I've just fitted a set of 5 1/4"speakers in my door pockets on my G reg valver. There aint much room in there depth wise so you will need shallow speakers really, Infinity do some. My door cards have holes cut in them by the previous owner which allows the magnets of deeper speakers to be fitted.

I fitted some In-Phase speakers that have big magnets and swivel tweeters that sit proud of the woofer cone with no worries, but only coz the cards have holes cut in them. They do sound suprisingly good too, but cheap speakers would sound naff due to the oem door pods being plastic and small.

Audioscape pods would offer the best sound by far though without the need to cut your door cards.

I think there's a lad on the Canadian C forum that has modified his standard door pods to fit larger speakers. Looks pretty okay and certainly a far cheaper option than the Audioscape ones - if anyone has a spare set of standard pods i might give it a go myself