Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Toyo T1-R tyres ....Are these very good or only average?

The G-Force Profilers and Profiler Gs are different tyres I think, but the similarity in name makes it easy to get them mixed up. I think the G-Force ones have only been around for a year or so. They also have completely different G-Force tyres in the States.

Kev and Peakz, were these the BF Goodrich tyres you had:

http://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/bfguk/front ... T1&lang=EN

They look similar to the F1's and Toyos with their V pattern directional thread.

Yes indeedy them's the buggers!

Sorry I got the name wrong in my previous post, they're G-Force Profilers.

I have the Proxy T1-Rs on the Chim after spending days not finding any SP9000s in the correct size. They took a few hundred miles to bed in ( a rather scary few hundred miles ! ) but are now great.

Have always had BF Goodrich on the Raddo. Never had a problem and really quite like them.

I have T1-Rs on my Corrado in 195-45-16s all round, i've got to say that there excellent and provide bags of feedback, excellent wet weather grip and are wearing very well, will defo fit again in the future. Good price as well. £260 including VAT, fitting and nitrogen inflation. From Westgate Tyres, Morcambe.

18_th.jpg

Hesus! Road legal cut slicks from TOYO...

So anyone know what the difference between T1-R and T1-S is? Same price just slightly different Tred patter by the looks of things...

According to demon tweeks the reason they brought out the T1-R was because too many people where complaining of the T1-S wearing on the outside.

it seemed the T1-S was fine for light weight cars like the Lotus Elise, westfields, caterams ect, but on heavier cars the tread towards the edges was a bit too soft and tended to wear quicker than the middle, which happened on mine, i had 4 wheel tracking and camber done twice to try and sort it then demon tweeks suggested trying the T1-R's and it has been fine since.

the new design also improved the wet weather grip appearently.

for 195/45/15's they are 35 quid each fitted and ballanced so even if they do wear out quickly they are cheap.

I've seen cases where the T1-S was used on a big heavy car such as the BMW M3 on a track day and the tyres were junked because the treads had all worn unevenly. The treads shifted so much that they wore at an angle, making a sawtooth pattern across the tyre ..

The T1-R is much stiffer, and seems to last a bit longer too. I've been pretty impressed with them, they compare well to the Eagle F1s on the other end of the car - it's not too out of balance, even in the wet.

I'm wondering if its worn T1-S's causing my dire handling atm as top mounts don't seem to have improved it much. Looking forward to getting em off and some fresh rubber on as soon as my wallet allows!

Don't think the 16v is heavy enough to encounter this type of problem, but bad tyres certainly can cause issues. Easiest and cheapest check is to rotate front-rear (using two jacks!).

Ah.. good thinking.. will have to try that out as its getting pretty alarming on mine now.

I'm wondering if its worn T1-S's causing my dire handling atm as top mounts don't seem to have improved it much. Looking forward to getting em off and some fresh rubber on as soon as my wallet allows!

It will certainly help your handling, replacing the worn T1-S's on mine with T1-R's made a very noticable improvement to the handling and general feel of the steering.

AFAIK T1-S no longer made, T1-R was the replacement. I rate the Toyos as a good wet & dry all-rounder. Used to have F1s on my old Mk2 GTI and they were the best road tyre I've ever had, but I don't reckon the performance increase over the Toyos justifies the extra cost.

Used to commute to work in my Scirocco hillclimb/sprint car with Yokohama Advan cut-slicks on.... :lol: