Sign in to follow this  
cata

How does this benefit?

I have one of those filters from the PO in it's orig. package but had no clue what it was for.

I just saw this pic and am wondering what benefits this mod will give and what I need to do to have it there. I noticed it replaces a hose that connects to the intake mani but there's a sensor on that hose so I'm clueless.

It's a crank case breather filter. By default gases from the crank case go back into the inlet manifold so that they get burned.

The modification doesn't do much...

Those filters fill up with oil within a short space of time and drip oil onto the exhaust manifold heatshield. Not a worthwhile mod under normal circumstances.

Yup, a lot of people put an oil catch tank in there instead, but you have to remember to empty it occasionally ...

Better off running a hose down to the steering rack and then you won't smell the PCV fumes inside the car. You don't want oil dripping on the exhaust manifold as it will ignite if it gets hot enough!

Cheeers, the PO was planning to go supercharged but it seems that without a short runner mani, there's no point in doing this.

That clears everything up, better off without.