Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

The Stig showing his face on top gear.

Was watching re-runs of top gear over christmas and noticed they showed the driver rumoured to be the stig driving a group N evo down a hill racing a teenager on a mountain board. Heres the clip. He also drove the Merc convertible that they parachuted into the back of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3C2k_ea0I&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBLr5fWt ... ed&search=

Can't be. They wouldn't be that careless and actually name him. The Stig comes from the racing world rather than rally I think.

You remember they killed off the Stig a couple of years ago and replaced him with a new one? I reckon the old one was Johnny Herbert - he has about the same body build (paunch) and around that time he got a job in Formula 1, so they would have needed to replace him. Just a personal theory.

Can't be. They wouldn't be that careless and actually name him. The Stig comes from the racing world rather than rally I think.

You remember they killed off the Stig a couple of years ago and replaced him with a new one? I reckon the old one was Johnny Herbert - he has about the same body build (paunch) and around that time he got a job in Formula 1, so they would have needed to replace him. Just a personal theory.

he races everything. Check the website, other drivers also step in. Frank Mountain drove his own MC12 around the track in the white overalls. He also produces the MPH live action show with the top gear boys....

http://www.bencollinsracing.com/

The first Stig was Perry Mcarthy, one of the nicest and unluckiest people in British motorsport - his autobiography is a great read

The first Stig was Perry Mcarthy, one of the nicest and unluckiest people in British motorsport - his autobiography is a great read

Well, you live and learn. Guess he shouldn't have blabbed, the silly man.

seconded - it's called Flat out flat broke. :lol:

Well, you live and learn. Guess he shouldn't have blabbed, the silly man.

Think he'd had enough of it from what I've heard.

I agree. McCarthy's book is not only one of the funniest books you'll ever read about motor racing, it's probably one of the funniest autobiographies in the bookshops 'full stop'

I also heard that The Stig is that Ben Collins guy. He was one of the drivers they used for the Toyota Aygo football game :wink:

Don't think the new Stig is Damon Hill - he's very tall and Stig doesn't look like that plus Damon will be busy chairing the BRDC. I remember the cat being let out of the bag that the first Stig was Perry McCarthy and shortly thereafter he was killed off - I thought the second Stig was Johnny Herbert but when he got involved with Midland F1 (Spyker) I doubted it could be him. He seems to have F1 experience though as he was mega comfortable in the Renault F1 car.

I heard that there is more than one Stig.....some of the people who lent their cars to the program (almost certainly Renault and some of the really expensive car manufacturers) insisted on having their own drivers do the runs.....logical when you think about how much money is tied up in some of the motors.

Well, certainly Perry didn't do ALL of the first Stig driving, as he had various other race duties too (if you read his autobiography), so it's possible that this latest one has a couple of stand-ins occasionally too...

The first Stig was Perry Mcarthy

yes.gif

edit: It's also true that "new Stig" is no one person, but a number of people.

Ben Collins heh ? He's Nice !! :)

I also highly rate Perry Mc Carthy's Book

Also worth a read are Autobigraphies of Martin Brundle, James Hunt and Carl Foggerty. Even Murray Walker's book is entertaining. Forget Colin McCrae's though - quite boring - I didn't manage to get to the end.

from a production perspective as well as for the reasons earlier, it makes a hell of a lot of sense to have multiple stigs. I'm one of them if you believe my T shirt :lol:

Ben Collins does alot of driving on Vroom Vroom on Sky i think aswell

That's not even a proper car programme, its absolutely rubbish. They're trying to be like Top Gear with loads of gimmicks and different tests, however they have got it completely wrong and it just seems really cheap.

You'll never better Clarkson and co. Looking forward to the new series.