Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

Tip 4 you VR owners

If any of you have idle problems due to an idle control valve gone belly up ! Then had to splash out on 100+pounds worth for a new one? :x

Well on Volvo 440 square shape any with the Renault 1700 injection engine(and they were fitted to the lot of them in the time) the idle valves are the exact same :wink:

There are a lot of these in the scrap yards !! so I got one for 2 quid and its works fine :D

Perhaps this thread should include other similar tips :?:

E30 BMW 325i engines also use the same idle valve.

These type of ISV rarely go wrong. The reason 2.9s don't idle well is a more fundamental one which I have yet to ascertain.

One thing I have done though is replace the ISV damper pot with the later metal lined one. Earlier V6s just have a normal plastic one with no heat shield. I have found the newer damper pot reflects heat and therefore helps with the idle.

Part no - 021 133 429 A

I have also found my engine idles a lot smoother with BP Ultimate.

Kev

I wasn't out to cure all types idling problems but merely point out to anybody that has had an idle valve gone faulty is were to get one from cheap.

The Volvo 440 is Allot more common than The BMW 325i in scrap yards!

Not trying to step on toes :?

Don't worry CorradoVR6-n.o.s - you are not stepping on toes. It was most certainly a handy tip! Anything to prevent Corrado owners from paying through the nose at the stealer! :)

I wasn't out to cure all types idling problems but merely point out to anybody that has had an idle valve gone faulty is were to get one from one cheap.

The Volvo 440 is Allot more common than The BMW 325i in scrap yards!

Not trying to step on toes :?

Sorry mate I wasn't trying to snub your tip, which is an excellent one I've not heard before, and do write into the Golf with that one :lol:

I was also trying to add another element to the discussion but having re-read my post, I came across a bit arrogant, oops!

Kev

Don't worry Jai, if Kev disses your tip's again i'll stoot him!

Chris

LOL....you can't shoot me as "my wings are like a shield of steel" (Batfink!)

Kev