Sign in to follow this  
TimVR6

Lost Wiper

Anyone ever unexpectedly lost a windscreen wiper? I lost one at about 85mph in the fast lane of the M1 in harsh rain. The arm just snapped off near the base and flew into the central reserve - sudden blindness! Took some work to get to the hard shoulder I can tell you!!!

Anyway, have taken the opportunity to upgrade to lupo wipers...

happened to me once, strangely enough on the M1 outside lane pissing down, was driving a montego tank. Very scary being blind at that speed.

Yeah I know - luckily (?) it seemed to slide off the side of the window rather than flying over the top of the car so I think it landed in the central reserve. Anyway, problem solved by moving the passenger side wiper across to tide me over till I pick up my Lupo wipers (tomorrow morning hopefully).

RainX, I dont use my wipers above 80 in the rain.

Do you use the sort you apply with a cloth or the additive in the wash bottle? I used to use the super concentrate stuff where you put in a squirt per litre of washer water but now all i can find is the crap stuff where you add half the bottle, and it's nowhere near as good. The old stuff was better than the wipe on stuff and a lot less hassle.

Ok I think the bonnet thing sounds worse - absolutely zero visibility!!

Lupo wipers - a present from god - meaning they work like proper wipers. In reality not from god at all - from the stealers, and not a present - 98 of my hard earned pounds!

RainX, I dont use my wipers above 80 in the rain.

Do you use the sort you apply with a cloth or the additive in the wash bottle? I used to use the super concentrate stuff where you put in a squirt per litre of washer water but now all i can find is the crap stuff where you add half the bottle, and it's nowhere near as good. The old stuff was better than the wipe on stuff and a lot less hassle.

I've never tried the stuff in the wash bottle, only ever seen the one you wipe on the screen then polish up. Both the Corrado and S3 are done with it, brilliant stuff. Can take a bit of getting used to sitting on the motorway with rain lashing down and no wipers going!

Can take a bit of getting used to sitting on the motorway with rain lashing down and no wipers going!

Too right! The hyperdrive/warpspeed effect can be very distracting :lol: 8)

yeah i use rainx, in a small yellow bottle, you buff it on, let it dry add some more, let it dry, then sprinkle with water and buff again, then you get the pink stuff that you squirt into washer bottle.

great stuff