Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Now own a Valver

Check out this new motor, got it today for an absolute bargain considering it has black leather in it. Condition is reasonable but need a lock set and drivers door handle.

Main problem is that is smokes like a trouper, possible cause is poor breather hoses, but more than likely valve stem seals.

Plan is to sell off the leather and strip it out for a bit of track fun, it is in good condition so will be putting that up for sale soon.

Here is a pic, the stickers have gone already 8)

14012007325-1.jpg

Indeed, you will see me by the cloud of smoke, lol. Wheels are BK's, a little rough round edges, but ok with good tyres. Those will prob be going too so i can chuck some 15's on for better handling.

The car is a early 91. I am going to try and sell the interior complete though, seems silly to split, especially as it is good condition for age

Indeed, you will see me by the cloud of smoke, lol

The car is a early 91. I am going to try and sell the interior complete though, seems silly to split, especially as it is good condition for age

Ok no probs.. as I said Im after late ones as changed myn over from early to late last year just b4 E38.. just never bsen happy with em... either that or may just get he whole lot retrimed in a different colour..

we'll see..

goodluck with yr corrado :D

Lol, I know. I am not ready to put it up yet, as need to give it a clean and get some good pics. Plus i am out the country next weekend. So week after watch the classifieds.....

Well i can't believe it has been here a month already. Still not sure what i am doing with it. The leather has been for sale for a while now. hopefully got someone coming for it tomorrow.

Not sure about the engine, need to compression test it, if it is just the head I will swap it, if rings have gone i will prob chop it.

In the mean time i now have door handle ordered and got an ignition lock and housing. Then it is just a matter of sorting other niggles should it pass a compression test. Otherwise if it fails it sill be in for the angle grinder

Nothing concrete, maybe just tidy it up a bit and run to the shows and a few track days over the summer. Or I am thinking of swapping it with someone who has a Mk1 Gti or Mk2 16v for a more concerted track effort

Right, well had it for sale for a bit, but seeing it blows smoke and 16v C's seem to be worth worth bugger all at the moment. I have decided to do some work on it.

Now rebuilding the engine, well another bottom end anyway. Currently have a stripped down block in my kitchen. Took head off the engine and it looks really new, like it has hardly been used, no oil staining, really clean. Going to get it pressure tested to check its all good.

So plan is to get it back in before Pod and so some runs. Will have to get it run in really quickly though!

Update, engine back in and running, seem to have messed up the cambelt tensioner though as it is making a god awful racket. Also seems I have somehow broken the hydraulic clutch, see drivetrain section for that one.

So hopefully once got those things sorted it will soon be back on the road

PM me if youre looking to sell the leather!! i have a mint black cloth interior i can PX for it, if you fancy selling the leather to me lol

Yeah, went a bit back.

Nearly there, just need to reconnect drive shafts, put front end back on and sort a couple of little niggles.

Right update, not a lot happened for a while. However, now going to get it MOT'd and on the road, now the Red Corrado is gone I am insuring this one and ready for some running in action.

Still not sure if I am going to track it, prob wont be quick enough for my liking, but then again the MK2 is miles away from being done so perhaps short term it will be the option