Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

306 gti6

Hi all, just been out in the next door neighbours peugeot 306 gti6 ....very impressed with it, goes like a good en...anybody had one/raced one ? wondered how it would fair against my chip & pullied G60.

Cheers all Chris.

Not been out in one but i'd reckon it'd have you at the lights then as the G60 filled its lungs, you'd eventually thunder past at about 80MPH and beyond?

Fast as Fook, Handle Beautifully but are built from Tin plate and rattle and squeak all over the place! A typical french car, Not a patch on the Clio Williams though!

rattle and squeak all over the place! - no worse then a rado. both my 306's have been better built then my rado tbh

Fast as Fook, Handle Beautifully but are built from Tin plate and rattle and squeak all over the place! A typical french car

exactly what I was going to say.

a mate had one a while ago, went like a rocket, but not built very well :(

Great cars! A lad at the gym used to have one, i saw 139mph on the road angel (on a private bit of road!) Handled very well....better than my old 205 1.9.

my mates brother has one. its no match for a standard VR at all. but weve just fitted a 2.0 turbo out of a citroen xm in my mates 205 n that wipes the floor with the gti-6. it is running a 200sx turbo on it though

My flat mate has a 306 Rallye (same as the gti6 but slightly lighter). My G60 was only slightly faster when it was making around 195bhp, as Jim said, only managed to pass him at about 80mph. Wasn't much in it.

Raced him another time in my mates VR6 (2-up and a heavy audio install) and the Rallye was faster!

My mate had the S16, think they are 155bhp? Really quick though, Even Stevens off the roundabout and onto the dual carrigeway with my G60 when that was pushing 180bhp..

A very good friend of mine has one, and it wiped the floor with my 1.8 valver (which was running a dyno-ed 150hp). He's let me drive it, and the throttle response is instantaneous, the steering sharp and precise and the stopping power immense, I loved it (more so than my valver tbh especially as its ludicrously reliable despite the fact it's driven hard).

I would imagine in a breathed on G60 it would be a close run thing, but you'd beat him though (especially on a really sharp corner as the 6-speed box really limits their lock to lock) as I imagine your power to weight will be slightly better...

Good luck, and let us know how you get on :-)

at one time i had a S16 and my cousin had a GTi-6 and he had trouble overtaking me until about 100mph. and none of us drive with caution if you know what i mean specially on private land :wink:

would love to have a S16 again has a daily but finding a hard one is hard work although i did see a proper wide arch 306 rallye other day on the m'way which made me think abt them even more! only shitt thing abt the S16 is they never came in black ;(

Will give you the verdict in a couple of weeks when i get my g60 back from the garage....been eleven days in the garage and we are still waiting for the sub frame to come from the factory in germany.....really miss driving it !!!!!. :brickwall: :scratch:

I loved my GTI-6.

0-60 in 7.1

Top Speed of 146mph.

It's the gearing that makes it great! 167bhp out of a 2.0 16v is pretty impressive! I'd have one again in a heartbeat and they're just as rare as the VR6.