Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

Low Mileage G60 Prices

hi quite new to cf this is my first post so be gentle, ive been seeing a lot of corrados going for 7-9k over the past 18months with low milage but they all seem to be storms.I was just wondering do you think if a low milage 30-35k g60 came up it would fetch the same price?

It would fetch a good price drewiee99, but as there were a lot more G60s made than Vr Storms then not so much. Its the fact that 500 were made that makes them so pricey.

hi quite new to cf this is my first post so be gentle, ive been seeing a lot of corrados going for 7-9k over the past 18months with low milage but they all seem to be storms.I was just wondering do you think if a low milage 30-35k g60 came up it would fetch the same price?

Nope.

a) Its going to be older

b) Its a G60

c) Its not a Storm

Storms fetch more than any other Corrado, even though they're not any superior to any other VR in performance terms. That rarity value and the fact that they're the ones which people with limited familiarity with the Corrado name have all heard of mean that they command an extra grand or two.

Your G60 would certainly be worth a bob or two with such low mileage though!

i think there is a higher % of storms with low milage still out there compared to g60s most off them have cracked 100k so in that respect its quiet rare.Im a bit gutted i use it as my daily driver it only had 16k when i brought it but hey i enjoy it and thats what its all about the driving.im going to show it again at concourse this year and hopefully beat the vrs im normally out numbered 5-1 i will be at dub freeze and ultimate dubs so i may see some of you there.

i think there is a higher % of storms with low milage still out there compared to g60s most off them have cracked 100k so in that respect its quiet rare.Im a bit gutted i use it as my daily driver it only had 16k when i brought it but hey i enjoy it and thats what its all about the driving.im going to show it again at concourse this year and hopefully beat the vrs im normally out numbered 5-1 i will be at dub freeze and ultimate dubs so i may see some of you there.

Out of interest what colour is your car?

Hi drewiee99 were you at the malvern show last year if so i spoke to you there and your car was Mint..

ive spoke to you before, at your work a few months back,

your car looks tidy and should command a decent price, dont let it go for pennies

Hi Drew, Rob here, I am not living in Stourbridge anymore as you will have noticed. Having sold my G60 I have just bought another Corrado, a 16v this time. Anyway here is a pic for people to see your car.

Carl, 500 quid is why your bottom end has fallen out, :wink: :lol:

Tidyrado.gif

Tornado on early cars - flash red was a later car colour IIRC! :)

drewiee99 - glad you found your way to the forum! Bumped into you at a few shows last year and chatted to you a bit. There was a 'bunch' of us Corrado Forum geeks chatting to you (me, chap called Steve, and an older guy called Chris!) on and off.

We were all really dissapointed that you didn't pick something up at BVF as well mate!!

Hi Drew, Rob here, I am not living in Stourbridge anymore as you will have noticed. Having sold my G60 I have just bought another Corrado, a 16v this time. Anyway here is a pic for people to see your car.

Carl, 500 quid is why your bottom end has fallen out, :wink: :lol:

Tidyrado.gif

not fallen out yet rob, its still "just about" in there, it runs, but rattles and bangs all over the place

Lol, sorry Carl, it is truly bad luck for quite a low mileage car. I reckon you should see if all you need to do is replace the shells, they are common problems on G60's.

Not sure what the colour is, I thought it was Tornado red when i saw it, but may be wrong. Needs Drew to get us the paint code i think

yeah im hoping its just the shells, got a feeling its going to be expensive though, still its tucked away in the garage now for its retirement.

im having that polo from ste so definately coming down in the standard of car im driving, for now anyway.

so whats this new one that you got like? put some pics up

Hi drewiee99 were you at the malvern show last year if so i spoke to you there and your car was Mint..

Corrados at Malvern 06? I didnt see any unfortunately :( Previous year only saw the one.

You know where the special display hall was with the buggy's in. The patch of grass in front of the entrance. I think there was 3 of them on the far right (as if you had just come out of the buggy hall). Think they were only there Sunday.

Yeah i know where you mean, I dont think they were there when I went passed. I was there since Friday night and didnt see them, must have just been sunday like you say.

Shame really, although its Vanfest there a fair few other veedubs there, have to get more of us to go :lol:

Last year I was there on Club Gti Worcs stand. I cheated and went in my virtually brand new Leon Tdi, did not need much cleaning!! This year I hope to have something older to take. As the new Leon ain't so rare now.