Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

How much for a 1.8 valver?

As mrsbeige might be in the market to purchase a Corrado, what would you expect to pay for a 1.8 16v? Mileage not an issue as long as it had been really well looked after with good history.

Valvers do start at around 1k now but they would be rough round the edges i suspect and really good 1.8 16v could go for 2k+...

There's a good looking '89 valver in the For Sale section at the moment for £1800 (less without the private plate).

The price varies an awful lot. A standard 2.0 valver in good nick ended on ebay earlier for less than £1.5k.

Mine was £1800, its done 118k, fsh, massive receipts folder, 12 months tax and mot, totally standard and not a single speck of rust on it, although it has had a partial respray at some point and the new paint is fading!

I picked mine up for a Grand a few months back, high ish milage 147k, no mot (genuine reason), although I could tell it had been well looked after as it's very tidy and there is plenty of history. Only prob i've had so far is the starter motor. Anywhere between 1 - 2 k will pick you a good un if you buy sensibley.

I got my 93K plate 2L 16v with 139k for £1200 in December. No rust anywhere.

That's a really good price! Need to find one like that!

I paid £2000 for my 1990 G reg last May with 117k, FVWSH, 2 owners, 6 months mot and everything bog standard. Its a really straight car with all the stickers present on inner wing, boot and where door opens. Everything works apart from sunroof doesn't slide. It also came with the full compliment of original brochures and VW wallet, all of which are in awesome condition.

No rust on the car anywhere either and its in Dark Burgandy pearl...yummy!!!!!!

Bad bits:-

1) 3 car park dings on one door and 2 on the other. (all panel gaps are even)

2) very light scuffs on edges of bumpers (would prob buff out)

3) needed the rear solid brake lines for the MOT ( £180 ouch!!!)

then passed with flying colours.

It is possible to find one if your prepared to travel. Mine was a 500 mile round trip!!!

Good luck, hope you find one.

It is possible to find one if your prepared to travel. Mine was a 500 mile round trip!!!

Very true - I made 2 round trips of 400miles each.

I don't mind travelling if it is for the right car, and to be honest I'd expect to have to!