Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Modifications

i know this is all down to personnal taste, but which kinda mods do you really not like

-aftermarket rear lights, i will say 90% look naff, is some that suit the right car but most look cheap

-chavvy/boyracer rims, is hard to say which but generally ones that you see on crappy hot hatches

-bad boy bonnets or whatever they called this month :lol:

-flip effect paint jobs, ones that look like oil

-sprayed interior plastics in bright colours

-headunits with lots of lights and colours

Stickers down the side of the wing or on windows listing all the different modding companies that you have used.

Neons! Its not a mobile disco you know.........

And, controvercially - eyebrow spoilers. Falls into the same category as bad boy bonnets for me.

I hate massive body kits. subtle body mods I dont mind but huge bumpers and rediculouly wide arches, not my cuppa tea.

extra bits of plastic on the outside, i.e spoilers eyebrows etc. angel eye headlights (suely you bought a corrado for its good looking front-why would you want to change it ?) loud exhausts, why ? neons. blue headlights/sidelights/people that think its 'cool' to drive around with their foglights on all the time. leather effect/recaro stylee seat covers--ive seen them in halfords they say racer or something on, why??

i always want a quiet exhaust, but ok if it needs to be loud because it cant be quiet then fair enough, my corrado exhaust is kind of loud, but i put that down to a hole somewhere and the 4 branch manifold.

loud exhausts, why ?

Nothing wrong with a loud exhaust if you have the engine to back it up. but being loud for louds sake is just stupid. Sometimes I want a quiet exhaust![/quote:babb8]

Yeah exactly if you have the engine to back up the noise then fair enough but i just laugh when i see a boy racer in a chavvy corsa with a HUGE exhaust on, they put their foot down and you hear loads of noise but they aint going anywhere :lol: I just like a nice subtle exhaust like the miltek on my vr 8)

I hate pretty much everything thats been said already!

Extra exhaust pipes that clearly dont do anything besides slow the car down and make it loud. If they are functional, then fair enough but they never are.

The other one I hate is people who stick one of those stupid things in the interior... you know the ones... just at the drivers seat... oh yeah, chavs, thats what theyre called!

- Ross

The other one I hate is people who stick one of those stupid things in the interior... you know the ones... just at the drivers seat... oh yeah, chavs, thats what theyre called!

Brilliant :lol:

:lol: all the stickers from their sponsors running down the front wing on their corsa's , saxo's etc

like this .........

MUM

DAD

GRANDAD

BROTHER

ASDA FOR LETTING ME SHELF STACK .....

lexus lights on anything other than a lexus(even seen them on Porsche Boxsters :roll: ),bodykits that look like they have escaped off the set of Aliens plus most of the other stuff mentioned

lexus lights on anything other than a lexus(even seen them on Porsche Boxsters

I've been thinking of a boxster s lately and i've seen those lights :pukeright: :pukeright:

lexus lights on anything other than a lexus(even seen them on Porsche Boxsters

I've been thinking of a boxster s lately and i've seen those lights :pukeright: :pukeright:

yeah what gets me is..........are they saying that Lexus(aka posh Toyota) is more classier/upmarket than Porsche :roll:

Low riders

"Stealth" cars (or "Q" cars) - sheds with hidden special abilities :wink:

Indiglo dashboard conversions

Black / motorsport wheels

The classic euro look; clean, dechromed, BBS, old school

Concours standard (unmodified) show cars - the older the better

"Rat" cars

Anything aircooled & still running

2-tone paint jobs

Side exit exhausts

Turbos where they shouldn't exist

Dislikes

Wheels over 18", Spinners

Burberry or Tartan interiors, 1970's roofracks

Anything ridiculously slammed & undrivable / no travel (unless lowrider)

Crystal rear lights / angel eyes

All neon

Exterior "maxpower" type stickers

5" tailpipes

Just my contribution, I'll get my flame suit on...

...on board stickers. especially 'princess' :pukeright: . bl00dy stupid the lot of them. 'oh you've got a baby in your car - I was gonna drive into the back of you cos I thought it sounded like fun but I won't bother since there's a little 'un on board' :censored: really winds me up. as if the people in their (usually hideously oversized) mpvs are so much more important than anyone else on the road

rant over :ignore: :oops:

oh and stupid stick-on-pram-handle type high level spoilers often found on novas, saxos etc

Those aluminium mechano style byplane spoilers and all of the above!!

Just walk up to the offender and ask to borrow it to do your ironing on.