Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

K&N panel filter just doesn't fit :roll:

I've managed to acquire a used K&N filter for my 2L 16v but it doesn't appear to be the correct size. It's about 5mm too long which is too much to be able to squeeze it in, I've checked the part number on the K&N website and it tallys up ok with my car. Part number is 33-2032 and the size matches the size on their website.

The old paper filter fits ok and is 5mm shorter. I've got 2 air boxes and it doesn't fit any.

Had a K&N filter on my old valver and that was ok.

Anyone had this problem?

Edit - this one http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... od=33-2032

summit wrong there,

all the filters i've seen for the 16v Corrado and late golf 2 16v have the fins in the filter the other way around, VAG paper ones, aftermarket paper ones and the Jetex equivalent of a K&N.

Despite what the website says I think the application is wrong, try searching on element size instead.

Looking into this further some most websites have the 33-2029 listed for the 8v and 33-3032 for the 16v.

What is the 'correct' part number for the 8v?

The filter I have is no good to me so will try to sell it on but don't really want to mislead anyone.

Looking into this further some most websites have the 33-2029 listed for the 8v and 33-3032 for the 16v.

What is the 'correct' part number for the 8v?

The filter I have is no good to me so will try to sell it on but don't really want to mislead anyone.

Not sure on the K&N part numbers, but the 16v engine used the mk1/8v k-jet engine air box and filter up to 1989 when they changed to a slightly different one.

1989 and onwards golfs and corrado 16v's use the VW part 191 129 620 as do all the digifant 8v mk2 GTI's

earlier 16v's and k-jet 8v golfs and sciroccos use VW part no. 113 129 620

I got one not long ago and the VR one is the same as the 8v.

http://www.awesome-gti.com is where i got mine.

Title Awesome Part # Price

K&N Panel Filter Corrado 8v+VR6 AF-PA-KN-33-2029 £38

K&N Panel Filter Corrado 16v Pre 91 AF-PA-KN-33-2032 £39

Dave, had the exact same thing with my first valver. I just very carefully trimmed a little of the rubber off each end (there was plenty left), and it fitted fine.

Dave, had the exact same thing with my first valver. I just very carefully trimmed a little of the rubber off each end (there was plenty left), and it fitted fine.

I did consider doing this but thought sod it, I'll sell it and buy the right one.

Dave, when we first acquired my 2.0l 16v, Demon Tweeks said that K&N didn't do a replacement filter for the 2.0l so I went for a Grren Cotton one instead. Same type of filter that you clean periodically and its done me fine!