Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

re remap

just got back from stealth racing having it mapped and im a happy bunny i still have an issue with belt slip but consistantly get 10 psi which gives 300+ bhp and 265 lb ft minimum but vince managed to get it to breifly nudge 12 psi and got 319 bhp with 274 lb ft even that was slipping IF i can sort the slipping out and nail 12 psi properly it will have 320+ maybe 325bhp and methanol will certainly help too :)

got back home took my mate out on my favourite b road and its a fookin animal make no mistake its VERY lively both on the throttle and on the brakes it feels so alive underneath you its a great feeling

Are you? I'll be there too getting my clutch seen to.....

eatthis, nice one mate. Good to see my old beast is still making the numbers ;-)

RadoVR6?

Ive had the pulley made up for me and added an extra Idler(peugot diesel motor fan belt idler) on the VF idler bracket set-up,Used an VW aircon belt ( double sided ) and went around the oppiste way around the alternater-No more slip... 8)

RadoVR6?

Ive had the pulley made up for me and added an extra Idler(peugot diesel motor fan belt idler) on the VF idler bracket set-up,Used an VW aircon belt ( double sided ) and went around the oppiste way around the alternater-No more slip... 8)

yeah i meant you mate sorry im lazy :lol:

im getting confused now lol i have aircon what exactly do i need and how much is it?

you wont need the extra idler,simply run the belt the opposite way around the alternator,that should limit the amount of slip quite allot!

does that increase the tension on the belt or does it wrap around more of the charger pulley?

my belt is as tight as i dare do it now

eatthis, Sorry bud,was looking at the layout for the aircon belt,you cant reverse the direction on the alternator without reversing the aircon pump which wont work! You will still need some sort of idle set up to allow the belt to run the normal way around the aircon pump and still go the opposite way around the alternator.

Im sure you still can fit the C2 or VF idler set up to the aircon modles as the aircon pump is quite low down.

I will draw some sort of pictur to explain better later on.