Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

R32

I'd hang out for a drive in the Cupra, and then decide.

I still think the Mk5 looks too mini-MPV!

As for DSG, I prefer the involvment of a manual box. Sport mode was fun though.

Ok, it's a Beemer and I hate the image of them ... but how about a 130i M Sport. RWD and an absolutely fantastic engine note!! Not to bad a punt on the twisties either.

As i said earlier R32 (mk4) all the way, also worth consideration surely is the S3 as a Daily Driver :shock: gonna be a bit cheaper to run than the R32, buying a new Cupra shouldn't be in your options with these two 8)

Can't say I like the new shape leon - but as you well know the mk1's are great... I suppose moving over to a mk1 C R wouldn't be enough of a change for you?

How about an S3?

Apparantly VW is making it's Dealers Purchase R32's to have in stock, so consequently some good deals to be had as they are no longer a factory order only!

But If I were going for a Mk5, It would be the GTI! Easier to tune, cheaper to buy and run! But as a few have already stated the Mk4 R32 looks the mutts nuts, I'd have to have one in Metallic Blue though :)

it's gotta be the mk4 r32... it looks the best and if you hunt around it bet you could find a bargan one.... closer to £10k than £15k i'd say!!!!

mk5 golf looks sh!t and the r32 looks even worse... i think it looks like a plasticy toy car!! but thats my opinion...

look at the mid to bottom of the page in this link: they're cheaper than i thought

clicky

it's gotta be the mk4 r32... it looks the best and if you hunt around it bet you could find a bargan one.... closer to £10k than £15k i'd say!!!!

look at the mid to bottom of the page in this link: they're cheaper than i thought

clicky

They are cheap but one's done 100k, one no mileage shown which usually means sky high and the Red one is Cat C, 14-15k is about the right price with decent mileage

Another to consider is the V6 4motion, nice low mileage ones for 8-9k

Can't deny that the Mk4 R32 is the better looking car but whenever I see a Mk5 R32 on the road it does have presence and as I've owned a MK4 Golf, Leon Cupra and now have a Mk5 Golf I think the Mk5 is a quantum leap in so many respects. Best Golf made since the Mk2 IMHO. Try them all Nige and you won't fail to be impressed by a Mk5.

Get your lovely Violet G60 JET Back! :)
I need a daily driver...and there are other reasons for me not buying the jet back.

alfa 147 gta? v6 note, gorgeous interior similar prices to the s3 but for lower mileage examples?

If I had the change, I'd prob be after one

Although the new Leon Cupra R is MK5 GTI based, it's no MK5 GTI to drive.....apparently.

MK5 R32 DSG for me. The most complete performance car VW have built to date imo......but the grim wheels and front grille would have to go.

MK4 R32 in black a close second choice....

Nigel, if you are looking to follow Kev's advice ;) just posted trader ad for my friend's MK4 R32 in black... 8)

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 049#623049

I loved with an audi TT 32 DSG all last week.

I have to say the DSG didn't light my fire at all, seriously disspointing. i didn't think it felt as quick as my mk4 either.

My gf has had this mk4 R32 since it was a yr old, great car.. seriously awesome in the wet.

Here's me @ Spa.

DSC_3246.jpg