Sign in to follow this  
corozin

STOLEN VR6 BUMPERS - BOURNEMOUTH

Yesterday a pair of VW Corrado bumpers (1x front, 1x rear) were stolen from the back of my house in Bournemouth.

It is my conviction that these were stolen by someone local, possibly the intention of fixing thier own car (Corrado) up. The bumpers are Moonlight Blue pearl effect colour.

1) If the person who stole them is reading this - you should put them back from where you stole them as soon as possible.

2) There are very few Corrado owners in Bournemouth who I have not at least met at some time. The nature of the theft makes me almost certain that someone with local knowledge must have done this... there is therefore a very real chance that I will find out who you are if you have either stolen them, or acquired them from someone.

3) I am not only going to inform the Police, but my contacts in the local bodyshops / trade are now on the lookout for these. Your options in getting them resprayed / fitted without me finding out are small.

4) If anyone on here knows the whereabouts of these bumpers, please PM or call me. You all know I look after my friends, and will be suitably grateful for your help.

If the bumpers magically "reappear" then I will not pursue you any further. However if I catch you in possession of them (and I can identify some unique marks on them very easily) then you had better be wearing protection when I come to reclaim them.

Thanks for your help,

John

p.s. Don't think I'm stupid, I'm keeping an eye on eBay for you as well...

This kind of thing makes me sick TBH, like you say, its gotta be someone who knows the local area or actually knows you yourself.

Good luck in finding them mate.

Sounds like your contacts will come in handy.

Scum.

I hope you get them back. If the person that stole them is reading this you are a toe rag and I hope you get whats coming to you.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction corozin

forwarded to a couple of friends I know living in Bournemouth area, into dub scene, not especally rados but you never know... Good luck sorting this mate...

If it's of any help, the front bumper is actually damaged in that it is permenantly attached to the bumper/subframe section by around 15 self tapping screws.

This is because the normal fitting plugs got broken 3 years ago, and the bumper needs to be attached to a car with the subframe instead of the normal way.

I'm really angry... if this turns out to be someone in the Bournemouth VW scene they are going to be fed to the pigs.

Nasty situation John, hope it gets sorted.

Unsual to hear of bits of Corrados going missing as, like youve said, theres not many around for them to go to.

I think your best bet would be to keep your eyes peeled on ebay. It might not be a dubber, it might jsut be a thief looknig to make some quick cash to feed their crack habit.

Good luck and i hope you find the culprit(s).

cheeky b@st*rds! I hope you catch them, if you want anyone lynching, i'm quite handy and it would be a pleasure, good luck.

You're right. They slipped up already when they stole from me.

If I find out who it is they'll be deader than Elvis.

Tw@ts. This reminds me that a few months ago some fecker did me out of a tailgate I bought on ebay, after the auction finished I just paid with paypal as usual, didn't email the seller directly til a week or two later, and found some cheeky b@stard rang the seller after the auction finished, told them he'd won, paid by credit card and they sent it to a Damien Morris in Cornwall. Scumbag! Got my money back but still annoying.

I have a rear bumper you can have for free to replace it if u like, it is an OEM one from the stealers. It is painted in classic green and came free with the car (the rear bumper was replaced as someone scraped it in a car park and left their details on the windscreen for the previous owners of my car). Due to its size u would really need to collect it, or if ur not in a rush I can take it to Blandford next time I am on a course there and u can come and collect it from there if thats easier. I was going to sell the bumper on ebay but cant be bothered with the hassle tbh.

have you got any "travellers" in your area, they are known for coming into gardens for scrap and just taking things.

Foggystorm: You have mail

G60Jet: No, not really. Being a seaside town Bournemouth is fairly intolerent of pikey's, although I agree anything is possible.

A1VR6: Thanks Bill - I guess I should have fitted the rear bumper much sooner eh? LOL.

For what it's worth the case has been reported to the Police so if any "raids" turn up anything I will get a nod.

Cheers,

John

The boys are on standbye John ;-)

Just give the word and we'll be there !

Good luck finding them chap! Check Downings garage just in case ;-)

Bugger... and to think I was over there last night and forgot to "inspect his Lotus", LOL,