Sign in to follow this  
s.travis249

Ripping a big one through the Honda Community

I had a Honda Civic before with a turbo setup pushing out about 225 bhp, i now have a 93 vr6 slc and it seems faster than the civic, what can i do for easy hp so i can smash these dumb hondas to pieces, i want send a rattle and chatter through these guys so they know that the C is the real beast??? should i do a complete rebuild/build or bolt on some kind of charger to show them whats up? and by the way howdy is from texas, where i am from across the pond it is, WHAT IT DO!!!

I second the supercharger route, a stage 2 vortech charger will see 280bhp easily enough and can make 300bhp with some other maods quite easily and the best thing is they are bolt on in a day if you have the knowledge!

I second the supercharger route, a stage 2 vortech charger will see 280bhp easily enough and can make 300bhp with some other maods quite easily and the best thing is they are bolt on in a day if you have the knowledge!

I'm not sure 280/300's enough to "smash them" with the extra weight of the C and the VR lump, well - not off the line FWD for sure. A tuned honda would still be in with a shot.

go turbo.... 400 neighing ones easy

I say Howdy :( At anyrate. Go get a kit from Kinetic. They have the best stuff and they get their tunes from C2...or Jeff, who is a buddy of mine. Their kit will be the most reliable IMO for the money spent. As for a rebuild, it only depends on what kind of power you want, the condition of the engine and your driving habbits. More then likely you should do topend work so you don't snap your old chains, plus a good FI cam and some tough springs will help with vavle float under harsh acceleration. If you are concerned about anything, it should be the tranny. You should be more open minded to other cars btw, anything can be fast, and everything has potential in the right hands. G/L

I don't know if you'll make as much as 280bhp with a charger, given that the SLC has less bhp than a VR6 to begin with, and the relatively low octane levels on sale in the USA compared to Europe.

That said, I could easily see you doing 230-240bhp without resorting to other mods.

In my view, I'd skip the idea altogether and just put a K&N 57i kit on the car (if you haven't already). You may get beaten in a straight line by a Honda occasionally, but there is nothing they can do replicate the noise of the SLC.

Personally if I had to choose between 260bhp/quiet and 200bhp/noisy, I'd take (have taken) the noisy route :D

put the C on a diet.....loose the weight....replace the spare with tyre foam, strip out the rear seats, carbon bonnet... you get the idea

You can't really make a Vr6 super duper fast without going FI really.

Take a look at Oichan's VR6, I think he's got the most advanced N/A VR out there, even so that's only pushing around 260 IIRC at a lot of cost.

Otherwise, try and find a Nothelle Corrado like corozin's and have a slight bigger head start ;)

In the states it isn't uncommon for our vr's with just a bolt on kit to be in the 300+whp range. I can get 110 octane all day, but usually run 93 which can be had at any pump. What are the average octanes over there? Do they measure it differently??

What are the average octanes over there? Do they measure it differently??

It's measured differently, so you can't compare really. If anything, despite our headline figures being higher, the US ratings are stricter so there's less variance in the quality than over here.