Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Road Angel Plus

Any one got a road angel plus im tempted to get one probably next month but just wanted to know if anyones got one? And what they are like?

Dont want to buy one and then find out they are crap!

Any other brands i should consider aswell?

Cheers!!

I've got the Road Angel Plus and it's a brilliant bit of kit IMHO. I just run it off the internal battery, so no wires. Battery life is easily 8 hours. It has motion detection too, so that it switches itself off after 10 minutes of no movement. Get in the car & before you've even fired up the engine the RA turns itself on - brilliant! Updates are a doddle & very fast as it uses USB. Will also charge off the USB or the car fag lighter adapter.

Big plus for me is that it's easy to move between vehicles. Locks onto the satellites faster than any of the others I've tried over the years.

ive got the road angel 2 and its spot on, no problems so far and it gives you plenty of warning of the speed cameras plus it has an attachable laser detector.

Aren't they about to make laser detectors illegal in the UK? I guess you need to make sure you can disable the laser detector bit if that happens. Based on the Autoexpress test of the things, the laser detectors don't seem too hot generally.

I've just acquired a Navigator 600 from a mate which seems pretty good on speed cameras and has sat nav as well. I don't have much to compare it with, but it seems good so far and was Autoexpress's choice of combined camera warning / sat nav units. If you take a look at the autoexpress site http://www.autoexpress.co.uk, they've tried a load of them over the past couple of years. Dunno how reliable the findings are, but at least it gives you an idea of what's available.

The laser detection is pretty pointless anyway.

Laser beams are so minute and accurate, if it picks it up, it's looking at your car (not someone elses) and they'll already have your speed (measured within half a second) so too late, sunshine.

I know. Road Angel shouting "Laser! Laser!" at me, but it was too late. 3 points. Thanks, Tiff.

Can you get it to shout "Danger! Danger Will Robinson!" instead? :lol:

Mine does that, it's an option buried deep in a sub-menu which, in turn, is located in another sub-menu, which in turn can only be accessed from the hidden micro-nav setting sub-menu. Unfortunately I pressed the wrong button and it does it every time I exceed 30 mph and I can't find the relevant sub-menu again ;-) Anyone with a Road Angel will know what I mean, it's like an electronic central London one-way system. You keep finding places you know you'll never see again deliberately at least.