Sign in to follow this  
scarlet_vr6

moan

this yr has been expensive and the mot isn't due til march...

1. coming home from christmas, broke down. new tensioner needed

2. broken headlight switch

3. OSF tyre down to thread on inside due to cracked alloy (apparently not all BBS RCs are good) and not repairable. Didn't like the RCs anyway so gd excuse to change them and yes I know loads of you like them - I've seen the thread! I'll post pics of the new boots as soon as they're fitted but some of you willl see them at the south coast meet next week. Reckon I'll get a mixed reaction but I like them!

Thing is that I still have all the other probs to sort but not much a bank acct. I still love my C tho :luvlove:

know exactly what you mean CorradoVR6-n.o.s, but there are some jobs which I just never seem to have the money to sort and I really want them done :x

at least mine hasn't been smacked like lots of others recently. My sympathy to those guys

I wouldnt like to think i had to run my corrado everyday, the costs would be huge !!!

out of interest what did you do with your RC's ???

Jimmi........................

think thats bad for a month.

Firts my waterpump seized and thermostat stopped working, changed them then the head gasket went last week, also the cylinder head had melted so had to buy one of those. That was just my car.

Girlfriends polo clutch cable snapped goin round roundabout and i pulled a bullet out of one of her tyres all within 3 weeks.

omg matthewb1985, I knew someone would post something to make me feel better :wink:

JIMMI, the 3 RCs which are left are in my back garden! The 4th was scrapped as apparently it was too far gone to repair. They are in a bad way though - they are curbed all round and the BBS centre caps are beginning to peel. They were like this when I bought the C but didn't care since I had planned on changing them anyway. I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in them since they aren't made anymore (maybe as spares or for winter wheels) but then they are really rough and I only have 3...! anyone got a reliant robin? :lol:

just to continue my expensive yr so far, Storm Developments looked at my C last week and have told me that I need to get the head gasket replaced. Apparently water is leaking in and so I guess I'll need new plugs too? They quoted me £600 for the head gasket. Is this about right? I'm sure I heard somewhere that VW charge nearly a grand for this.

oh and there are new discs and pads on the way this week to add to this yr's bill. harumph.

Ouch! doesnt sound like your having too much fun with her at the moment Fay!

Hope you get her all sorted and she stops burning a hole in your wallet!

Just never forget your C is the second nicest possible (behind LC3Y naturally!)

no you're right - still loads of fun to drive but very demanding so far this yr. I just want to get all the mech stuff sorted so I can do the mods I want like stilt removal :wink: . At least I don't do so many miles now and can start getting the work done on him.

thanks for the encouragement Andy but you're wrong - LK4Z is the best!!! and don't worry, I'm not losing any enthusiasm for rado ownership - I wouldn't have anything else as my sole car.

ah I see your sunroof is no longer working...

LK4Z is the best!!!

Women drivers, what do they know :lol:

No it decided to die right at the end of the summer, think i used it too much!

But on the plus side i changed my wiper blades, so can actually see in the rain!

On and can deffinately recommend whipping off the rear wiper, looks SO much better, and improves rear visibility!

think thats bad for a month.

Firts my waterpump seized and thermostat stopped working, changed them then the head gasket went last week, also the cylinder head had melted so had to buy one of those. That was just my car.

Girlfriends polo clutch cable snapped goin round roundabout and i pulled a bullet out of one of her tyres all within 3 weeks.

What a real genuine bullet or an airgun pellet?

A reall bullet is a bit worrying, where do you live Beruit?

LK4Z is the best!!!

Women drivers, what do they know :lol: [/quote:411e7]

oi enough of that! I do know that I chose a blackberry vr before you were even old enough to drive :lol:

No it decided to die right at the end of the summer, think i used it too much![/quote:411e7]

no doubt it's on my about-to-go-wrong list :(

glad to hear you've got new blades. You nearly put me off the aero wiper mod - my stds are better than those old ones of yours!

Might get round to getting rid of the rear wiper before summer, if I can be bothered as this seems to be one of the few things I could do myself!

oi enough of that! I do know that I chose a blackberry vr before you were even old enough to drive :lol:

still only second best! :lol:

glad to hear you've got new blades. You nearly put me off the aero wiper mod - my stds are better than those old ones of yours!

Might get round to getting rid of the rear wiper before summer, if I can be bothered as this seems to be one of the few things I could do myself!

Yeah they were well past their best at the time! it really is a 'must do' mod honest!!

Theres loads you can do yourself without much difficulty! take off the rear wiper, uprated headlight loom, paint the lights black etc..

just to continue my expensive yr so far, Storm Developments looked at my C last week and have told me that I need to get the head gasket replaced. Apparently water is leaking in and so I guess I'll need new plugs too? They quoted me £600 for the head gasket. Is this about right? I'm sure I heard somewhere that VW charge nearly a grand for this.

oh and there are new discs and pads on the way this week to add to this yr's bill. harumph.

I'd check the head gasket price with stealth, though it does sound about right... How come you need it replacing? Is it pressurising the cooling system? Where is this water leaking into? You might want to consider timing chains/clutch at the same time, more expense now, but a massive saving in the future.... There's a post about it in the engine bay section.

I was thinking about your brakes when I was driving along the other day, I think the weird wear pattern is down to the caliper sticking a bit, I thought about offering to do them, as i was quite interested to find out why the outside of the disk wasn't getting worn, but I haven't got anywhere nice to work at the moment, and knowing my luck it'll be a bastard of a job.

thanks for the offer Toad, but I've just bought and collected Goldie's EBCs and he going to help me fit them so I hope it's not a bad job. Looking forward to being able to stop a bit better soon! Hopefully will have new rears by monday too.

As for getting timing chains, clutch and head gasket done at the same time, it might end up cheaper but I'll have to save for about a year first! I dunno about the answers to all your other qs but they took out the plugs 2, 4 and 6 and sussed it from there. They smelt horrible! :gag:

, I thought about offering to do them.

Your welcome to come do mine instead :lol:

When're you thinking of doing them? Fronts aren't as bad as rears... Give me a shout and I'll bumble down, your garage isn't bad to work in...

scarlet_vr6 I'd get a compression test done before having them attack your head gasket. I wouldn't go on what the plugs look like to tell me that the head gasket has gone...